LTC3128 - 3A Monolithic Buck-Boost Supercapacitor Charger and Balancer with Accurate Input Current Limit
- ±2% Accurate Average Input Current Limit Programmable Up to 3A
- Programmable Maximum Capacitor Voltage Limit
- Active Charge Balancing for Fast Charging of Unmatched Capacitors
- Charges Single or Stacked Capacitors
- VIN Range: 1.73V to 5.5V
- VOUT Range: 1.8V to 5.5V
- <2μA Quiescent Current from VOUT When Charged
- Output Disconnect in Shutdown: <1μA IQ Shutdown
- Power-Good Comparator
- Power Failure Indicator
- Thermally Enhanced 20-Lead (4mm × 5mm × 0.75mm) QFN and 24-Lead TSSOP Packages
The LTC®3128 is a highly efficient, buck-boost DC/DC supercapacitor charger. It operates efficiently from input voltages above, below or equal to the output voltage. The LTC3128 incorporates accurate programmable average input current limit, active charge balancing and programmable maximum capacitor voltage. This combination of features makes the LTC3128 ideal for safely charging and protecting large capacitors in backup power systems. The input current limit and maximum capacitor voltage are each programmed using a single resistor. Average input current is accurately controlled over a 0.5A to 3A programmable range while the individual maximum capacitor voltage can be set from 1.8V to 3.0V.
Other features of the LTC3128 include <2μA quiescent current from VOUT in Burst Mode®operation, accurate power-good and power failure indicators, and thermal overload protection. The LTC3128 is offered in low profile, thermally enhanced 20-Lead 4mm × 5mm × 0.75mm QFN and 24-Lead TSSOP packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1887A||LTC3128 Demo Board | 2-Cell Supercap Charger and Balancer: 1.72Vin to 5.5Vin @up to 3A||Contact Factory|
- Supercapacitor Based Backup Power
- Memory Backup
- Servers, RAID, RF Systems
- Industrial, Communications, Computing
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC3350 - High Current Supercapacitor Backup Controller and System Monitor
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LTC4120/LTC4120-4.2 - Wireless Power Receiver and 400mA Buck Battery Charger
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LTC3625 - 1A High Efficiency 2-Cell Supercapacitor Charger with Automatic Cell Balancing
- LT8301 - 42VIN Micropower No-Opto Isolated Flyback Converter with 65V/1.2A Switch
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.