LTC3126 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with No-Loss Input PowerPath
- Seamless, Automatic Transition Between Two Input Power Sources
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.4V to 42V
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 0.818V to VIN
- Up to 2.5A Continuous Output Current
- Pin Selectable Priority and Ideal Diode-OR Modes
- Burst Mode® Operation, IQ = 2μA
- 95% Efficiency at 1A, VIN = 12V, VOUT = 5V
- 1μA Current in Shutdown
- Programmable Input UVLO Thresholds
- Input Valid, Priority Channel and PGOOD Indicators
- 200kHz to 2.2MHz Fixed Frequency PWM
- Synchronizable to an External Clock
- Current Mode Control with 60ns Minimum On-Time
- Minimal External Components
- Thermally Enhanced 28-Lead 4mm × 5mm QFN and 28-Lead TSSOP Packages
The LTC®3126 is a high efficiency synchronous buck converter with an internal no-loss PowerPath™ supporting seamless operation from two separate input power sources. Pin selectable ideal diode-OR and priority input modes with user programmable undervoltage lockout thresholds provide full control over the transition between the input power sources. The fast, automatic switchover provided by the internal PowerPath eliminates the need for hold-up capacitors and minimizes disturbances on the output rail. An active input channel indicator and independent input and output power good signals provide complete feedback of the power system status.
A wide 2.4V to 42V input voltage range, 2.5A output current capability and 2μA Burst Mode operation quiescent current facilitate use of the LTC3126 with a wide variety of power sources including supercapacitors, automotive batteries, unregulated wall adapters and single to multi-cell stacks of most battery chemistries. Additional features include 1μA current in shutdown, internal softstart and thermal protection. The LTC3126 is available in thermally enhanced 28-lead 4mm × 5mm QFN and 28-lead TSSOP packages.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2215A||LTC3126EUFD Demo Board | Dual Input Sync Buck, 4.3V ≤ VIN1 ≤ 42V, 6V ≤ VIN2 ≤ 8.4V (Operational to 42V), VOUT = 3.3V @ 2.5A||Contact Factory|
- Portable Industrial/Communications Test Equipment
- Battery and Supercapacitor Backup Power
- Automotive Power with Battery Backup
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
- LT8608 - 42V, 1.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC4380 - Low Quiescent Current Surge Stopper
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice IV - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!