LTC3125 - 1.2A Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Input Current Limit
- Programmable Average Input Current Limit
- 5% Input Current Accuracy
- 200mA to 1000mA Program Range
- VIN: 1.8V to 5.5V, VOUT: 2V to 5.25V
- Supports High Current GSM/GPRS Load Burst
- VIN > VOUT Operation
- 1.6MHz Fixed Frequency Operation
- Internal Current Sense Resistor
- 1.2A Peak Current Limit
- Up to 93% Efficiency
- Output Disconnect in Shutdown
- Low Quiescent Current Burst Mode® Operation (15μA)
- Available in 2mm × 3mm × 0.75mm DFN Package
The LTC3125 is a high efficiency, synchronous step-up DC/DC converter with an accurate programmable average input current limit. The resistor programmable average input current limit is 5% accurate at 500mA and is suitable for a wide variety of applications. In mobile computing, GSM and GPRS cards demand high current pulses well beyond the capability of the PC Card and CompactFlash slots. The LTC3125 in concert with a reservoir capacitor, keeps the slot power safely within its capabilities providing a high performance and simple solution.
Synchronous rectification produces high efficiency while the 1.6MHz switching frequency minimizes the solution footprint. The current mode PWM design is internally compensated. Output disconnect allows the load to discharge in shutdown, while also providing inrush current limiting.
Other features include a <1μA shutdown current, short circuit and thermal overload protection. The LTC3125 is offered in a low profile 0.75mm × 2mm × 3mm package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1267A||LTC3125EDCB Demo Board | 1.5A Switch, 3.3V Input, Vout = 4V @ 500mA (2A Pulses)||$150.00|
- GSM/GPRS PCMCIA/CompactFlash PC Card Modems
- Wireless Emergency Locators
- Portable Radios
- Supercap Chargers
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3127 - 1A Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter with Programmable Input Current Limit
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3225 - 150mA Supercapacitor Charger
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LTC4425 - Linear SuperCap Charger with Current-Limited Ideal Diode and V/I Monitor
- LTC3625 - 1A High Efficiency 2-Cell Supercapacitor Charger with Automatic Cell Balancing
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1618 - Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage 1.4MHz Step-Up DC/DC Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: