LTC3124 - 15V, 5A 2-Phase Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Output Disconnect
- VIN Range: 1.8V to 5.5V, 500mV After Start-Up
- Adjustable Output Voltage: 2.5V to 15V
- 1.5A Output Current for VIN = 5V and VOUT = 12V
- Dual-Phase Control Reduces Output Voltage Ripple
- Output Disconnects from Input When Shut Down
- Synchronous Rectification: Up to 95% Efficiency
- Inrush Current Limit
- Up to 3MHz Programmable Switching Frequency Synchronizable to External Clock
- Selectable Burst Mode® Operation: 25μA IQ
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Internal Soft-Start
- <1μA IQ in Shutdown
- 16-Lead, Thermally- Enhanced 3mm × 5mm × 0.75mm DFN and TSSOP Packages
The LTC®3124 is a dual-phase, synchronous step-up DC/ DC converter with true output disconnect and inrush current limiting capable of providing output voltages up to 15V. Dual-phase operation significantly reduces peak inductor and capacitor ripple currents, minimizing inductor and capacitor size. The 2.5A per phase current limit, along with the ability to program output voltages up to 15V make the LTC3124 well suited for a variety of demanding applications. Once started, operation will continue with inputs down to 500mV.
The LTC3124 switching frequency can be programmed from 100kHz to 3MHz to optimize applications for highest efficiency or smallest solution footprint. The oscillator can be synchronized to an external clock for noise sensitive applications. Selectable Burst Mode operation reduces quiescent current to 25μA, ensuring high efficiency across the entire load range. An internal soft-start limits inrush current during start-up.
Other features include a <1μA shutdown current and robust protection under short-circuit, thermal overload, and output overvoltage conditions. The LTC3124 is offered in both 16-lead DFN and thermally-enhanced TSSOP packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1859A||LTC3124 Demo Board | 2-Phase Sync Boost, 1.8V ≤ VIN ≤ 5.5V, VOUT = 12V @ Up to 1.5A.||Contact Factory|
- RF, Microwave Power Amplifiers
- Piezo Actuators
- Small DC Motors, Thermal Printers
- 12V Analog Rail from Battery, 5V, or Backup Capacitor
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4120/LTC4120-4.2 - Wireless Power Receiver and 400mA Buck Battery Charger
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LTC3122 - 15V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Output Disconnect
- LTC3350 - High Current Supercapacitor Backup Controller and System Monitor
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT8490 - High Voltage, High Current Buck-Boost Battery Charge Controller with Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- LTC3786 - Low IQ Synchronous Boost Controller
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download: