LTC3122 - 15V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Output Disconnect
- VIN Range: 1.8V to 5.5V, 500mV After Start-Up
- Output Voltage Range: 2.2V to 15V
- 800mA Output Current for VIN = 5V and VOUT = 12V
- Output Disconnects from Input When Shut Down
- Synchronous Rectification: Up to 95% Efficiency
- Inrush Current Limit
- Up to 3MHz Adjustable Switching Frequency Synchronizable to External Clock
- Selectable Burst Mode® Operation: 25μA IQ
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- <1μA IQ in Shutdown
- 12-Lead, 3mm × 4mm × 0.75mm Thermally Enhanced DFN and MSOP Packages
The LTC®3122 is a synchronous step-up DC/DC converter with true output disconnect and inrush current limiting. The 2.5A current limit along with the ability to program output voltages up to 15V makes the LTC3122 well suited for a variety of demanding applications. Once started, operation will continue with inputs down to 500mV, extending runtime in many applications.
The LTC3122 features output disconnect in shutdown, dramatically reducing input power drain and enabling VOUT to completely discharge. Adjustable PWM switching from 100kHz to 3MHz optimizes applications for highest efficiency or smallest solution footprint. The oscillator can also be synchronized to an external clock for noise sensitive applications. Selectable Burst Mode operation reduces quiescent current to 25μA, ensuring high efficiency across the entire load range. An internal soft-start limits inrush current during start-up.
Other features include a <1μA shutdown current and robust protection under short-circuit, thermal overload, and output overvoltage conditions. The LTC3122 is offered in both a low profile 12-lead (3mm × 4mm × 0.75 mm) DFN package and a 12-lead thermally enhanced MSOP package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1764A||LTC3122EDE Demo Board I High Efficiency 15V 2.5A S||$150.00|
- RF Power
- Piezo Actuators
- Small DC Motors
- 12V Analog Rail From Battery, 5V, or Backup Capacitor
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3959 - Wide Input Voltage Range Boost/SEPIC/Inverting Converter with 6A, 40V Switch
- LT8582 - Dual 3A Boost/Inverting/SEPIC DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
- LT3759 - Wide Input Voltage Range Boost/SEPIC/Inverting Controller
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT1308A and B - Single Cell High Current Micropower 600kHz Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3539/LTC3539-2 - 2A, 1MHz/2MHz Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converters
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV