LTC3122 - 15V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Output Disconnect
- VIN Range: 1.8V to 5.5V, 500mV After Start-Up
- Output Voltage Range: 2.2V to 15V
- 800mA Output Current for VIN = 5V and VOUT = 12V
- Output Disconnects from Input When Shut Down
- Synchronous Rectification: Up to 95% Efficiency
- Inrush Current Limit
- Up to 3MHz Adjustable Switching Frequency Synchronizable to External Clock
- Selectable Burst Mode® Operation: 25μA IQ
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- <1μA IQ in Shutdown
- 12-Lead, 3mm × 4mm × 0.75mm Thermally Enhanced DFN and MSOP Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC®3122 is a synchronous step-up DC/DC converter with true output disconnect and inrush current limiting. The 2.5A current limit along with the ability to program output voltages up to 15V makes the LTC3122 well suited for a variety of demanding applications. Once started, operation will continue with inputs down to 500mV, extending runtime in many applications.
The LTC3122 features output disconnect in shutdown, dramatically reducing input power drain and enabling VOUT to completely discharge. Adjustable PWM switching from 100kHz to 3MHz optimizes applications for highest efficiency or smallest solution footprint. The oscillator can also be synchronized to an external clock for noise sensitive applications. Selectable Burst Mode operation reduces quiescent current to 25μA, ensuring high efficiency across the entire load range. An internal soft-start limits inrush current during start-up.
Other features include a <1μA shutdown current and robust protection under short-circuit, thermal overload, and output overvoltage conditions. The LTC3122 is offered in both a low profile 12-lead (3mm × 4mm × 0.75 mm) DFN package and a 12-lead thermally enhanced MSOP package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1764A||LTC3122EDE Demo Board I 1.8V to 5.5VIN, 12VOUT @ 0.8A||$150.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation AppicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- RF Power
- Piezo Actuators
- Small DC Motors
- 12V Analog Rail From Battery, 5V, or Backup Capacitor
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LT1308A and B - Single Cell High Current Micropower 600kHz Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT3959 - Wide Input Voltage Range Boost/SEPIC/Inverting Converter with 6A, 40V Switch
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: If LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: