LTC3121 - 15V, 1.5A Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Output Disconnect
- VIN Range: 1.8V to 5.5V, 500mV After Start-Up
- Output Voltage Range: 2.2V to 15V
- 400mA Output Current for VIN = 5V and VOUT = 12V
- Output Disconnects from Input When Shut Down
- Synchronous Rectification: Up to 95% Efficiency
- Inrush Current Limit
- Up to 3MHz Adjustable Switching Frequency Synchronizable to External Clock
- Selectable Burst Mode® Operation: 25μA IQ
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- <1μA IQ in Shutdown
- 12-Lead, 3mm × 4mm Thermally Enhanced DFN Package
The LTC®3121 is a synchronous step-up DC/DC converter with true output disconnect and inrush current limiting. The 1.5A current limit along with the ability to program output voltages up to 15V makes the LTC3121 well suited for a variety of demanding applications. Once started, operation will continue with inputs down to 500mV, extending run time in many applications.
The LTC3121 features output disconnect in shutdown, dramatically reducing input power drain and enabling VOUT to completely discharge. Adjustable PWM switching from 100kHz to 3MHz optimizes applications for highest efficiency or smallest solution footprint. The oscillator can also be synchronized to an external clock for noise sensitive applications. Selectable Burst Mode operation reduces quiescent current to 25μA, ensuring high efficiency across the entire load range. An internal soft-start limits inrush current during start-up.
Other features include a <1μA shutdown current and robust protection under short-circuit, thermal overload, and output overvoltage conditions. The LTC3121 is offered in a low profile 12-lead (3mm × 4mm × 0.75mm) DFN package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2372A||LTC3121EDE Demo Board | Sync Boost, 1.8V ≤ VIN ≤ 5.5V, Vout = 12V @ Up to 400mA||$125.00|
- PCI Express Cards/Systems
- Piezo Actuators
- Small DC Motors
- 12V Analog Rail From Battery, 5V, or Backup Capacitor
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3122 - 15V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Output Disconnect
- LTC3106 - 300mA Low Voltage Buck-Boost Converter with PowerPath and 1.6μA Quiescent Current
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LTC3124 - 15V, 5A 2-Phase Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Output Disconnect
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: If LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: