LTC3119 - 18V, 5A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- Input Voltage Range: 2.5V to 18V
- Runs Down to VIN = 250mV After Start-Up
- Output Voltage Range: 0.8V to 18V
- 5A Output Current in Buck Mode, VIN > 6V
- 3A Output Current for VIN = 3.6V, VOUT = 5V
- Programmable Switching Frequency: 400kHz to 2MHz
- Synchronizable with an External Clock Up to 2MHz
- Accurate Run Comparator Threshold
- Burst Mode® Operation, No-Load IQ = 35μA
- Ultralow Noise Buck-Boost PWM
- Current Mode Control
- Maximum Power Point Control
- Power Good Indicator
- Internal Soft-Start
- 28-Lead 4mm × 5mm QFN and TSSOP Packages
The LTC®3119 is a high efficiency 18V monolithic buck-boost converter that can deliver up to 5A of continuous output current. Extensive feature integration and very low resistance internal power switches minimize the total solution footprint for even the most demanding applications. A proprietary 4-switch PWM architecture provides seamless low noise operation from input voltages above, equal to, or below the output voltage.
External frequency programming as well as synchronization using an internal PLL enable operation over a wide switching frequency range of 400kHz to 2MHz. The wide 2.5V to 18V input range is well suited for operation from unregulated power sources including battery stacks and backup capacitors. After start-up, operation is possible with input voltages as low as 250mV.
Other features include: output short-circuit protection, thermal overload protection, less than 3μA shutdown current, power good indicator, Burst Mode operation, and maximum power point control.
The LTC3119 is offered in thermally enhanced 28-lead 4mm × 5mm QFN and TSSOP packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Wide Input Range Power Supplies
- 1- to 4-Cell Lithium Battery Powered Products
- RF Power Supplies
- Solar Battery Chargers
- System Backup Power Supplies
- Lead Acid to 12V Regulator
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3118 - 18V, 2A Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter with Low-Loss Dual Input PowerPath
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT8490 - High Voltage, High Current Buck-Boost Battery Charge Controller with Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- LTC3106 - 300mA Low Voltage Buck-Boost Converter with PowerPath and 1.6μA Quiescent Current
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!