LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- Wide VIN Range: 2.7V to 40V
- Wide VOUT Range: 2.7V to 40V
- 1A Output Current for VIN ≥ 3.6V, VOUT = 5V
- 2A Output Current in Step-Down Operation for VIN ≥ 6V
- Programmable Frequency: 100kHz to 2MHz
- Synchronizable Up to 2MHz with an External Clock
- Up to 95% Efficiency
- 30μA No-Load Quiescent Current in Burst Mode® Operation
- Ultralow Noise Buck-Boost PWM
- Internal Soft-Start
- 3μA Supply Current in Shutdown
- Programmable Input Undervoltage Lockout
- Small 4mm × 5mm × 0.75mm DFN Package
- Thermally Enhanced 20-Lead TSSOP Package
The LTC®3115-1 is a high voltage monolithic synchronous buck-boost DC/DC converter. Its wide 2.7V to 40V input and output voltage ranges make it well suited to a wide variety of automotive and industrial applications. A proprietary low noise switching algorithm optimizes efficiency with input voltages that are above, below or even equal to the output voltage and ensures seamless transitions between operational modes.
Programmable frequency PWM mode operation provides low noise, high efficiency operation and the ability to synchronize switching to an external clock. Switching frequencies up to 2MHz are supported to allow use of small valued inductors for miniaturization of the application circuit. Pin selectable Burst Mode operation reduces standby current and improves light load efficiency which combined with a 3μA shutdown current make the LTC3115-1 ideally suited for battery-powered applications. Additional features include output disconnect in shutdown, short-circuit protection and internal soft-start. The LTC3115-1 is available in thermally enhanced 16-lead 4mm × 5mm × 0.75mm DFN and 20‑lead TSSOP packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1687A||LTC3115-1 Demo Board I 2A Synchronous Buck Boost Demo Board||$225.00|
- 24V/28V Industrial Applications
- Automotive Power Systems
- Telecom, Servers and Networking Equipment
- FireWire Regulator
- Multiple Power Source Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LTC3112 - 15V, 2.5A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LT3759 - Wide Input Voltage Range Boost/SEPIC/Inverting Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV