LTC3114-1 - 40V, 1A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter with Programmable Output Current
- Regulates VOUT Above, Below or Equal to VIN
- Single Inductor
- Wide VIN Range: 2.2V to 40V
- Wide VOUT Range: 2.7V to 40V
- 1A Output Current in Buck Mode
- 0.5A Output Current, VIN = 3.6V, VOUT = 5V
- Programmable Average Output Current
- Up to 96% Efficiency
- Burst Mode® Operation, 30μA No-Load IQ
- Current Mode Control
- 1.2MHz Ultralow Noise PWM
- Accurate RUN Pin Threshold
- Thermally Enhanced, 16-lead 3mm × 5mm DFN and TSSOP Packages
The LTC®3114-1 is a versatile, wide operating voltage range synchronous monolithic buck-boost DC/DC converter with programmable average output current. The LTC3114-1’s proprietary buck-boost PWM control circuitry delivers low noise operation across the entire operating voltage range. Current mode control ensures exceptional line and load transient responses.
Synchronous, internal MOSFET switches and pin selectable Burst Mode operation maintain high efficiency across the entire range of load current. Average output current is programmed with a standard resistor and provides the basis for wide input range, high efficiency charging systems or constant current, high efficiency LED drive. Regulator turn-on is programmable through the accurate RUN pin. Quiescent current is just 3μA in shutdown. Overtemperature protection, short-circuit protection and soft-start are integrated. The LTC3114-1 is offered in 16-lead 3mm × 5mm × 0.75mm DFN and 16 lead TSSOP (FE) packages.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1821B||LTC3114EDHC-1 Demo Board | Sync Buck-Boost, VIN=2.7V to 40V, VOUT = 5V @ Up to 1A||$175.00|
- 24V/28V Industrial Power Supply
- 12V Lead-Acid to 12V Regulator
- High Power LED Driver
- 12V/24V Solar Panel Battery Charging Systems
- Automotive Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LTC3115-2 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
To open the project file for this circuit:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTpowerCAD on this computer, download and install LTpowerCAD
- Step 2: Once LTpowerCAD is installed, click on the link(s) below to open the project file
- Step 3: If LTpowerCAD does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can open the project file by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTpowerCAD and open the project file by selecting 'Open Project' from the 'File' menu
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: