LTC3113 - 3A Low Noise Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- Regulated Output with Input Voltage Above, Below or Equal to the Output Voltage
- 1.8V to 5.5V Input and Output Voltage Range
- 3A Continuous Output Current VIN > 3.0V, VOUT = 3.8V
- 1.5A Continuous Output Current for VIN ≥ 1.8V, VOUT = 3.3V
- Single Inductor
- Low Noise Buck-Boost Architecture
- Up to 96% Efficiency
- Programmable Frequency from 300kHz to 2MHz
- Selectable Burst Mode® Operation
- Output Disconnect in Shutdown
- Shutdown Current: <1μA
- Internal Soft-Start
- Small, Thermally Enhanced 16-Lead
(4mm × 5mm × 0.75mm) DFN Package
and 20-Lead TSSOP Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC3113 is a wide VIN range, highly efficient, fixed frequency, buck-boost DC/DC converter that operates from input voltages above, below or equal to the output voltage. The topology incorporated in the IC provides low noise operation, making it well suited for RF and precision measurement applications.
The LTC3113 can deliver up to 3A of continuous output current to satisfy the most demanding applications. Higher output current is possible in stepdown (buck) mode. Integrated low RDS(ON) power MOSFETs and a programmable switching frequency up to 2MHz result in a compact solution footprint. Selectable Burst Mode operation improves efficiency at light loads.
Other features include <1μA shutdown current, integrated soft-start, short-circuit protection, current limit and thermal overload protection. The LTC3113 is housed in the thermally enhanced 16-lead (4mm × 5mm × 0.75mm) DFN and 20-lead TSSOP packages.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1551A||LTC3113EDHD Demo Board||$175.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Wireless Modems
- Backup Power Systems
- Portable Inventory Terminals
- Portable Barcode Readers
- Portable Instrumentation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3112 - 15V, 2.5A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC3533 - 2A Wide Input Voltage Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LT3759 - Wide Input Voltage Range Boost/SEPIC/Inverting Controller
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: