LTC3111 - 15V, 1.5A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- Regulated Output with VIN Above, Below or Equal to VOUT
- 2.5V to 15V Input and Output Voltage Range
- 1.5A Continuous Output Current: VIN ≥ 5V, VOUT = 5V, PWM Mode
- Single Inductor
- Accurate RUN Threshold
- Up to 95% Efficiency
- 800kHz Switching Frequency, Synchronizable Between 600kHz and 1.5MHz
- 49μA No-Load Quiescent Current in Burst Mode® Operation
- Output Disconnect in Shutdown
- Shutdown Current < 1μA
- Internal Soft-Start
- Small, Thermally Enhanced 14-Lead (3mm × 4mm × 0.75mm) DFN and 16-Lead MSOP Packages
The LTC®3111 is a fixed frequency, synchronous buckboost DC/DC converter with an extended input and output range. The unique 4-switch, single inductor architecture provides low noise and seamless operation from input voltages above, below or equal to the output voltage.
With an input and output range of 2.5V to 15V, the LTC3111 is well suited for a wide variety of single or multiple-cell batteries, back-up capacitor or wall adapter source applications. Low RDS(ON) internal N-channel MOSFET switches and selectable PWM or Burst Mode operation produce high efficiency over a wide range of operating conditions. An accurate RUN pin allows the user to program the turn-on threshold voltage of the converter. Other features include: short-circuit protection, internal soft-start and thermal shutdown.
The LTC3111 is offered in both thermally enhanced 14-lead (3mm × 4mm × 0.75mm) DFN and 16-lead MSOP packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
4x3 DFN-14, MS-16
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1999A||LTC3111 Demo Board | Buck-Boost Converter, 2.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 15V, Vout = 5V @ 1.5A||$150.00|
- 3.3V or 5V from 1, 2 or 3 Li-Ion, Multiple-Cell Alkaline/NiMH Batteries
- RF Transmitters
- Military, Industrial Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3114-1 - 40V, 1A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter with Programmable Output Current
- LTC3112 - 15V, 2.5A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LTC3115-2 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LTC3330 - Nanopower Buck-Boost DC/DC with Energy Harvesting Battery Life Extender
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: