LTC3111 - 15V, 1.5A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- Regulated Output with VIN Above, Below or Equal to VOUT
- 2.5V to 15V Input and Output Voltage Range
- 1.5A Continuous Output Current: VIN ≥ 5V, VOUT = 5V, PWM Mode
- Single Inductor
- Accurate RUN Threshold
- Up to 95% Efficiency
- 800kHz Switching Frequency, Synchronizable Between 600kHz and 1.5MHz
- 49μA No-Load Quiescent Current in Burst Mode® Operation
- Output Disconnect in Shutdown
- Shutdown Current < 1μA
- Internal Soft-Start
- Small, Thermally Enhanced 14-Lead (3mm × 4mm × 0.75mm) DFN and 16-Lead MSOP Packages
The LTC®3111 is a fixed frequency, synchronous buckboost DC/DC converter with an extended input and output range. The unique 4-switch, single inductor architecture provides low noise and seamless operation from input voltages above, below or equal to the output voltage.
With an input and output range of 2.5V to 15V, the LTC3111 is well suited for a wide variety of single or multiple-cell batteries, back-up capacitor or wall adapter source applications. Low RDS(ON) internal N-channel MOSFET switches and selectable PWM or Burst Mode operation produce high efficiency over a wide range of operating conditions. An accurate RUN pin allows the user to program the turn-on threshold voltage of the converter. Other features include: short-circuit protection, internal soft-start and thermal shutdown.
The LTC3111 is offered in both thermally enhanced 14-lead (3mm × 4mm × 0.75mm) DFN and 16-lead MSOP packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1999A||LTC3111 Demo Board | 2.5V to 15V Input and Output Converter delivering 1.5A output current.||Contact Factory|
- 3.3V or 5V from 1, 2 or 3 Li-Ion, Multiple-Cell Alkaline/NiMH Batteries
- RF Transmitters
- Military, Industrial Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC3115-2 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3330 - Nanopower Buck-Boost DC/DC with Energy Harvesting Battery Life Extender
- LTC3639 - High Efficiency, 150V 100mA Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- LT8710 - Synchronous SEPIC/ Inverting/Boost Controller with Output Current Control
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC3112 - 15V, 2.5A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3107 - Ultra-Low Voltage Energy Harvester and Primary Battery Life Extender
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download: