LTC3110 - 2A Bidirectional Buck-Boost DC/DC Regulator and Charger/Balancer
- VCAP Operating Range: 0.1V to 5.5V
- VSYS Operating Range: 1.71V to 5.25V
- Automatic Switchover from Charge to Backup Mode
- Programmable ±2% Accurate Charge Input Current Limit from 125mA to 2A
- ±1% Backup Voltage Accuracy
- Automatic Backup Capacitor Balancing
- Fixed 1.2MHz Switching Frequency
- Burst Mode® Operation: 40μA Quiescent Current
- Built-In Programmable Multipurpose Comparator with Open-Collector Output
- Open-Collector Outputs to Indicate Direction of Operation and End of Charge
- Thermally Enhanced TSSOP-24 and 4mm × 4mm QFN-24 Packages
The LTC®3110 is a 2A bidirectional buck-boost DC/DC regulator with capacitor charger and balancer. Its wide 0.1V to 5.5V capacitor/battery voltage and 1.8V to 5.25V system backup voltage ranges make it well suited to a wide variety of backup applications using supercapacitors or batteries. A proprietary low noise switching algorithm optimizes efficiency with capacitor/battery voltages that are above, below or equal to the system output voltage.
The LTC3110 can autonomously transition from charge to backup mode or switch modes based on an external command. Pin-selectable Burst Mode operation reduces standby current and improves light-load efficiency, which combined with a 1μA shutdown current make the LTC3110 ideally suited for backup applications. Additional features include voltage supervisors for direction control and end of charge, and a general purpose comparator with open-collector output for interfacing with a μC. The LTC3110 is available in thermally enhanced, low profile 24-lead TSSOP and 4mm × 4mm QFN packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1964A||LTC3110 Demo Board | Bidirectional Buck-Boost with Supercap Charger/Balancer, 1.8V ≤ VIN ≤ 5.5V, 1.8V or 3.2V VBACKUP at 2A||Contact Factory|
- Supercapacitor Backup Converter and Charger
- Battery Backup Converter and Charger
- Servers, RAID Systems
- RF Systems with Battery/Capacitor Backup
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC3350 - High Current Supercapacitor Backup Controller and System Monitor
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT8490 - High Voltage, High Current Buck-Boost Battery Charge Controller with Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- LTC3128 - 3A Monolithic Buck-Boost Supercapacitor Charger and Balancer with Accurate Input Current Limit
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice IV - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!