LTC3109 - Auto-Polarity, Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- Operates from Inputs as Low as ±30mV
- Less Than ±1°C Needed Across TEG to Harvest Energy
- Proprietary Auto-Polarity Architecture
- Complete Energy Harvesting Power Management System
– Selectable VOUT of 2.35V, 3.3V, 4.1V or 5V
– 2.2V, 5mA LDO
– Logic-Controlled Output
– Energy Storage Capability for Operation During Power Interruption
- Power Good Indicator
- Uses Compact Step-up Transformers
- Small, 20-lead (4mm × 4mm) QFN Package or 20-Lead SSOP
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC®3109 is a highly integrated DC/DC converter ideal for harvesting surplus energy from extremely low input voltage sources such as TEGs (thermoelectric generators) and thermopiles. Its unique, proprietary autopolarity topology* allows it to operate from input voltages as low as 30mV, regardless of polarity.
Using two compact step-up transformers and external energy storage elements, the LTC3109 provides a complete power management solution for wireless sensing and data acquisition. The 2.2V LDO can power an external microprocessor, while the main output can be programmed to one of four fixed voltages. The power good indicator signals that the main output is within regulation. A second output can be enabled by the host. A storage capacitor (or battery) can also be charged to provide power when the input voltage source is unavailable. Extremely low quiescent current and high efficiency maximizes the harvested energy available for the application.
The LTC3109 is available in a small, thermally enhanced 20-lead (4mm × 4mm) QFN package and a 20-lead SSOP package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1664A||LTC3109EUF Demo Board | Autopolarity, Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager||$150.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation AppicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Remote Sensor and Radio Power
- HVAC Systems
- Automatic Metering
- Building Automation
- Predictive Maintenance
- Industrial Wireless Sensing
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LTC3588-1 - Nanopower Energy Harvesting Power Supply
- LTC3108-1 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LTC3330 - Nanopower Buck-Boost DC/DC with Energy Harvesting Battery Life Extender
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3107 - Ultra-Low Voltage Energy Harvester and Primary Battery Life Extender
- LTC4071 - Li-Ion/Polymer Shunt Battery Charger System with Low Battery Disconnect
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4070 - Li-Ion/Polymer Shunt Battery Charger System
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.