LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- Operates from Inputs of 20mV
- Complete Energy Harvesting Power
- Management System
- Selectable VOUT of 2.35V, 3.3V, 4.1V or 5V
- LDO: 2.2V at 3mA
- Logic Controlled Output
- Reserve Energy Output
- Power Good Indicator
- Uses Compact Step-Up Transformers
- Small 12-Lead (3mm × 4mm) DFN or 16-Lead SSOP Packages
The LTC®3108 is a highly integrated DC/DC converter ideal for harvesting and managing surplus energy from extremely low input voltage sources such as TEGs (thermoelectric generators), thermopiles and small solar cells. The step-up topology operates from input voltages as low as 20mV. The LTC3108 is functionally equivalent to the LTC3108-1 except for its unique fixed VOUT options.
Using a small step-up transformer, the LTC3108 provides a complete power management solution for wireless sensing and data acquisition. The 2.2V LDO powers an external microprocessor, while the main output is programmed to one of four fixed voltages to power a wireless transmitter or sensors. The power good indicator signals that the main output voltage is within regulation. A second output can be enabled by the host. A storage capacitor provides power when the input voltage source is unavailable. Extremely low quiescent current and high efficiency design ensure the fastest possible charge times of the output reservoir capacitor.
The LTC3108 is available in a small, thermally enhanced 12-lead (3mm × 4mm) DFN package and a 16-lead SSOP package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1582B-A||LTC3108EDE Demo Board | Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager.||$150.00|
|DC2042A||ENERGY HARVESTING (EH) MULTI-SOURCE DEMOBOARD.||$200.00|
|DC2080A||Energy Harvesting (EH) Multi-Source Demo Board with Transducers.||Contact Factory|
- Remote Sensors and Radio Power
- Surplus Heat Energy Harvesting
- HVAC Systems
- Industrial Wireless Sensing
- Automatic Metering
- Building Automation
- Predictive Maintenance
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LTC3109 - Auto-Polarity, Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LTC3588-1 - Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting Power Supply
- LTC3108-1 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC4071 - Li-Ion/Polymer Shunt Battery Charger System with Low Battery Disconnect
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3330 - Nanopower Buck-Boost DC/DC with Energy Harvesting Battery Life Extender
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: