LTC3107 - Ultra-Low Voltage Energy Harvester and Primary Battery Life Extender
- Thermal Energy Harvesting Assisted Power Management System
- VOUT Tracks the Primary Battery Voltage
- 2.2V LDO Output
- Reserve Energy Output, Clamped to 4.3V
- Operates from Inputs as Low as 20mV
- Battery In-Use Indicator (BAT_OFF)
- IQ from Battery:
80nA When Energy Harvesting
6μA No Energy Harvesting
- Standard, Compact Step-Up Transformer
- Small, Thermally Enhanced 10-lead (3mm × 3mm) DFN package
The LTC®3107 is a highly integrated DC/DC converter designed to extend the life of a primary battery in low power wireless systems by harvesting and managing surplus energy from extremely low input voltage sources such as TEGs (Thermoelectric Generators) and thermopiles. The step-up topology operates from input voltages as low as 20mV.
Using a small step-up transformer, the LTC3107 provides a complete power management solution for typical wireless sensor applications that operate from a primary battery. The 2.2V LDO can be used to power an external microprocessor, while the main output voltage automatically adapts to match the voltage of the primary battery. The LTC3107 seamlessly transitions from battery power to harvested power whenever harvested energy is available, extending the life of the battery. The BAT_OFF indicator can be used to track battery usage. An optional storage capacitor accumulates excess harvested energy, further extending battery life.
The LTC3107 is available in a small, thermally enhanced 10-lead (3mm × 3mm) DFN package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2103A||LTC3107 Demo Board | 20mV start-up Energy Harvester and Battery Life Extender.||Contact Factory|
- Industrial Wireless Sensing
- Remote Sensor and Radio power
- Automatic Metering
- Building Automation, Security
- Predictive Maintenance, Condition Monitoring
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3330 - Nanopower Buck-Boost DC/DC with Energy Harvesting Battery Life Extender
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LTC4120/LTC4120-4.2 - Wireless Power Receiver and 400mA Buck Battery Charger
- LTC3588-1 - Nanopower Energy Harvesting Power Supply
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3109 - Auto-Polarity, Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download: