LTC3106 - 300mA Low Voltage Buck-Boost Converter with PowerPath and 1.6μA Quiescent Current
- Dual Input Buck-Boost with Integrated PowerPath™ Manager
- Ultralow Start-Up Voltages: 850mV Start with No Backup Source, 300mV with a Backup Source
- Compatible with Primary or Rechargeable Backup Batteries
- Digitally Selectable VOUT and VSTORE
- Maximum Power Point Control
- Ultralow Quiescent Current: 1.6μA
- Regulated Output with VIN or VSTORE Above, Below or Equal to the Output
- Optional Backup Battery Trickle Charger
- Shelf Mode Disconnect Function to Preserve Battery Shelf Life
- Burst Mode® Operation
- Accurate RUN Pin Threshold
- Power Good Output Voltage Indicator
- Selectable Peak Current Limit: 90mA/650mA
- Available in Thermally Enhanced 3mm × 4mm 16-Pin QFN and 20-Pin TSSOP Packages
The LTC®3106 is a highly integrated, ultralow voltage buckboost DC/DC converter with automatic PowerPath management optimized for multisource, low power systems. At no load, the LTC3106 draws only 1.6μA while creating an output voltage up to 5V from either input source.
If the primary power source is unavailable, the LTC3106 seamlessly switches to the backup power source. The LTC3106 is compatible with either rechargeable or primary cell batteries and can trickle charge a backup battery whenever there is an energy surplus available. Optional maximum power point control ensures power transfer is optimized between power source and load. The output voltage and backup voltage, VSTORE, are programmed digitally, reducing the required number of external components. Zero power Shelf Mode ensures that the backup battery will remain charged if left connected to the LTC3106 for an extended time.
Additional features include an accurate turn-on voltage, a power good indicator for VOUT, a user selectable 100mA peak current limit setting for lower power applications, thermal shutdown as well as user selectable backup power and output voltages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2255A||LTC3106EUDC Demo Board | Buck-Boost, 0.35V ≤ VIN ≤ 5.1V; Vout = 1.8/2.2/3.3/5V @ 300mA||$175.00|
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Home or Office Building Automation
- Energy Harvesting
- Remote Sensors
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3331 - Nanopower Buck-Boost DC/DC with Energy Harvesting Battery Charger
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LTC3335 - Nanopower Buck-Boost DC/DC with Integrated Coulomb Counter
- LT8490 - High Voltage, High Current Buck-Boost Battery Charge Controller with Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- LTC3330 - Nanopower Buck-Boost DC/DC with Energy Harvesting Battery Life Extender
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4120/LTC4120-4.2 - Wireless Power Receiver and 400mA Buck Battery Charger
- LTC3588-1 - Nanopower Energy Harvesting Power Supply
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice IV - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!