LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- Low Start-Up Voltage: 250mV
- Maximum Power Point Control
- Wide VIN Range: 225mV to 5V
- Auxiliary 6mA LDO Regulator
- Burst Mode® Operation: IQ = 24μA
- Output Disconnect and Inrush Current Limiting
- VIN > VOUT Operation
- Antiringing Control
- Soft Start
- Automatic Power Adjust
- Power Good Indicator
- 10-Lead 3mm × 3mm × 0.75mm DFN and 12-Lead MSOP Packages
The LTC3105 is a high efficiency step-up DC/DC converter that can operate from input voltages as low as 225mV. A 250mV start-up capability and integrated maximum power point controller (MPPC) enable operation directly from low voltage, high impedance alternative power sources such as photovoltaic cells, TEGs (thermoelectric generators) and fuel cells. A user programmable MPPC set point maximizes the energy that can be extracted from any power source. Burst Mode operation, with a proprietary self adjusting peak current, optimizes converter efficiency and output voltage ripple over all operating conditions.
The AUX powered 6mA LDO provides a regulated rail for external microcontrollers and sensors while the main output is charging. In shutdown, IQ is reduced to 10μA and integrated thermal shutdown offers protection from overtemperature faults. The LTC3105 is offered in 10-lead 3mm × 3mm × 0.75mm DFN and 12-lead MSOP packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1587A||LTC3105EDD| 250mV start-up, Step-up DC/DC Converter with Max. Power point Control||$150.00|
|DC2042A||ENERGY HARVESTING (EH) MULTI-SOURCE DEMOBOARD||$200.00|
|DC2080A||Energy Harvesting (EH) Multi-Source Demo Board with Transducers||Contact Factory|
- Solar Powered Battery/Supercapacitor Chargers
- Energy Harvesting
- Remote Industrial Sensors
- Low Power Wireless Transmitters
- Cell Phone, MP3, PMP and GPS Accessory Chargers
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3588-1 - Nanopower Energy Harvesting Power Supply
- LTC3109 - Auto-Polarity, Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LTC4071 - Li-Ion/Polymer Shunt Battery Charger System with Low Battery Disconnect
- LTC3330 - Nanopower Buck-Boost DC/DC with Energy Harvesting Battery Life Extender
- LTC3108-1 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LT3652HV - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger
- LTC3107 - Ultra-Low Voltage Energy Harvester and Primary Battery Life Extender
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: