LTC3025 - 300mA Micropower VLDO Linear Regulator
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 0.9V to 5.5V
- Stable with Ceramic Capacitors
- Very Low Dropout: 45mV at 300mA
- Adjustable Output Range: 0.4V to 3.6V
- ±2% Voltage Accuracy over Temperature Supply Load
- Low Noise: 80μVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- BIAS Voltage Range: 2.5V to 5.5V
- Fast Transient Recovery
- Shutdown Disconnects Load from VIN and VBIAS
- Low Operating Current: IIN = 4μA, IBIAS = 50μA Typ
- Low Shutdown Current: IIN = 1μA, IBIAS = 0.01μA Typ
- Output Current Limit
- Thermal Overload Protection
- Available in 6-Lead (2mm × 2mm) DFN Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC3025 is a micropower, VLDO (very low dropout) linear regulator which operates from input voltages as low as 0.9V. The device is capable of supplying 300mA of output current with a typical dropout voltage of only 45mV. A BIAS supply is required to run the internal reference and LDO circuitry while output current comes directly from the IN supply for high efficiency regulation. The low 0.4V internal reference voltage allows the LTC3025 output to be programmed to much lower voltages than available in common LDOs (range of 0.4V to 3.6V). The output voltage is programmed via two ultrasmall SMD resistors.
The LTC3025’s low quiescent current makes it an ideal choice for use in battery-powered systems. For 3-cell NiMH and single cell Li-Ion applications, the BIAS voltage can be supplied directly from the battery while the input can come from a high efficiency buck regulator, providing a high efficiency, low noise output.
Other features include high output voltage accuracy, excellent transient response, stability with ultralow ESR ceramic capacitors as small as 1μF, short-circuit and thermal overload protection and output current limiting. The LTC3025 is available in a tiny, low profile (0.75mm) 6-lead DFN (2mm × 2mm) package.
|Output Current||Output Voltage
|LTC3025||300mA||Adj (0.4V to 3.6V)|
|LTC3025-1||500mA||Adj (0.4V to 3.6V)|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC741A||LTC3025EDC Demo Board | Low VIN, VLDO Linear Regulator, 0.9V ≤ VIN ≤ 5.5V, Vout = 0.8V/1.2V/1.5V/1.8V/Adj @ 300mA||$75.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Low Power Handheld Devices
- Low Voltage Logic Supplies
- DSP Power Supplies
- Cellular Phones
- Portable Electronic Equipment
- Handheld Medical Instruments
- Post Regulator for Switching Supply Noise Rejection
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LTC3025-1/LTC3025-2/LTC3025-3/LTC3025-4 - 500mA Micropower VLDO Linear Regulators
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3085 - Adjustable 500mA Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3082 - 200mA Single Resistor Low Dropout Linear Regulator
- LT1962 - 300mA, Low Noise, Micropower LDO Regulators
- LTC3035 - 300mA VLDO Linear Regulator with Charge Pump Bias Generator
- LT3060 - 45V VIN, Micropower, Low Noise, 100mA Low Dropout, Linear Regulator
- LT3021/LT3021-1.2/ LT3021-1.5/LT3021-1.8 - 500mA, Low Voltage, Very Low Dropout Linear Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: