LTC2996 - Temperature Sensor with Alert Outputs
- Converts Remote or Internal Diode Temperature to Analog Voltage
- Adjustable Overtemperature and Undertemperature Thresholds
- Voltage Output Proportional to Temperature
- ±1°C Remote Temperature Accuracy
- ±2°C Internal Temperature Accuracy
- Built-In Series Resistance Cancellation
- Open Drain Alert Outputs
- 2.25V to 5.5V Supply Voltage
- 1.8V Reference Voltage Output
- 200μA Quiescent Current
- 10-Lead 3mm × 3mm DFN Package
The LTC®2996 is a high accuracy temperature sensor with adjustable overtemperature and undertemperature thresholds and open drain alert outputs. It converts the temperature of an external diode sensor or its own die temperature to an analog output voltage while rejecting errors due to noise and series resistance. The measured temperature is compared against upper and lower limits set with resistive dividers. If a threshold is exceeded, the device communicates an alert by pulling low the correspondent open drain logic output.
The LTC2996 gives ±1°C accurate temperature results using commonly available NPN or PNP transistors or temperature diodes built into modern digital devices. A 1.8V reference output simplifies threshold programming and can be used as an ADC reference input.
The LTC2996 provides an accurate, low power solution for temperature monitoring in a compact 3mm × 3mm DFN package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Temperature Monitoring and Measurement
- System Thermal Control
- Network Servers
- Desktop and Notebook Computers
- Environmental Monitoring
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC2997 - Remote/Internal Temperature Sensor
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC2995 - Temperature Sensor and Dual Voltage Monitor with Alert Outputs
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC2991 - Octal I2C Voltage, Current, and Temperature Monitor
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LTC2945 - Wide Range I2C Power Monitor
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC6992 - TimerBlox: Voltage-Controlled Pulse Width Modulator (PWM)
- LTC2990 - Quad I2C Voltage, Current and Temperature Monitor
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.