LTC2978 - Octal Digital Power Supply Manager with EEPROM
- I2C/SMBus Serial Interface
- PMBus Compliant Command Set
- Configuration EEPROM with CRC
- Black Box Fault Logging to Internal EEPROM
- Differential Input, 16-Bit ΔΣ ADC with Less Than ±0.25% of Total Unadjusted Error
- Eight Voltage Servos Precisely Adjust Output Voltages Using Eight 10-Bit DACs with Soft-Connect
- Monitors Eight Output Voltages and One Input Voltage and Internal Die Temperature
- 8-Channel Sequencer
- Programmable Watchdog Timer
- Eight UV/OV VOUT and One VIN Supervisor
- Supports Multi-Channel Fault Management
- Operates Autonomously without Additional Software
- LTC2978 Can Be Powered from 3.3V or 4.5V to 15V
- Available in 64-pin 9mm × 9mm QFN package
- LTpowerPlay Configuration and Development Tool
The LTC®2978 is an octal, digital power-supply monitor, supervisor, sequencer, and margin controller. Eight output channels can be managed per user defined configuration settings. Supervisory functions include fault OV/UV threshold limits for eight output channels and one input channel. Programmable fault dependencies and responses allow the power supplies to be disabled with optional retry after a fault has been detected. Serial bus telemetry allows eight output voltages, one input voltage, die temperature and fault status to be monitored. In addition, odd numbered channels can be configured to measure the voltage across a current sense resistor. Power supply sequencing, precision point-of-load voltage adjustment and margining are supported with PMBus commands. A programmable watchdog timer monitors microprocessor activity for a stalled condition and resets the microprocessor if necessary. The 1-wire synchronization bus supports power supply sequencing across multiple LTC digital power devices. User programmable parameters can be stored in EEPROM. Faults and telemetry data can be logged to EEPROM for diagnostic analysis.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1508A||LTC2978 Socketed Programming Board||$75.00|
|DC1540A||LTC2978 Demoboard (includes DC1360A + DC1361A), requires DC1613A||Contact Factory|
- Network Servers
- Industrial Test and Measurement
- High Reliability Systems
- Medical Imaging
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC2974 - 4-Channel PMBus Power System Manager Featuring Accurate Output Current Measurement
- LTC3880 - Dual Output PolyPhase Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Digital Power System Management
- LTM4620 - Dual 13A or Single 26A DC/DC µModule Regulator
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC2991 - Octal I2C Voltage, Current, and Temperature Monitor
- LTC3883/LTC3883-1- Single Phase Step-Down DC/DC Controller with Digital Power System Management
- LTM2881 - Complete Isolated RS485/RS422 uModule Transceiver + Power
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
LTpowerPlay is the FREE Graphical User Interface (GUI) software provided by Linear Technology for use with our family of digital power products. LTpowerPlay provides unprecedented diagnostic and debug features. It becomes a valuable diagnostic tool during board bring-up to program or tweak the power management scheme in a system or to diagnose power issues when bringing up rails.
- Download LTpowerPlay software
- When LTpowerPlay launches the first time, it will prompt you to request a license, click 'Request a License Key...', enter the required information, then click 'Send License Request'
- Once you have entered the registration information, you will receive an email with your license file and instructions for installing it
- For further information, please visit www.linear.com/ltpowerplay
- Access technical support documents for LTC Digital Power Products by visiting www.ltpowerplay.com/help