LTC2872 - RS232/RS485 Dual Multiprotocol Transceiver with Integrated Termination
- Four RS232 and Two RS485 Transceivers
- 3V to 5.5V Supply Voltage
- 20Mbps RS485 and 500kbps RS232
- Automatic Selection of Integrated RS485 (120Ω) and RS232 (5kΩ) Termination Resistors
- Half-/Full-Duplex RS485 Switching
- Logic Loopback Mode
- High ESD: ±16kV on Line I/O
- 1.7V to 5.5V Logic Interface
- Supports Up to 256 RS485 Nodes
- RS485 Receiver Full Failsafe Eliminates UART Lockup
- Available in 38-Pin 5mm × 7mm QFN Package
The LTC®2872 is a robust pin-configurable transceiver that supports RS232, RS485, and RS422 standards while operating on a single 3V to 5.5V supply. The LTC2872 can be configured as four RS232 single-ended transceivers or two RS485 differential transceivers, or combinations of both, on shared I/O lines.
Pin-controlled integrated termination resistors allow for easy interface reconfiguration, eliminating external resistors and control relays. Half-duplex switches allow four-wire and two-wire RS485 configurations. Loopback mode steers the driver inputs to the receiver outputs for diagnostic self-test. The RS485 receivers support up to 256 nodes per bus, and feature full failsafe operation for floating, shorted or terminated inputs.
An integrated DC/DC boost converter uses a small inductor and one capacitor, eliminating the need for multiple supplies for driving RS232 levels.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1851A||LTC2872 RS232/RS485 Dual Multiprotocol Transceiver with Integrated Termination.||$25.00|
- Flexible RS232/RS485/RS422 Interface
- Software Selectable Multiprotocol Interface Ports
- Point-of-Sale Terminals
- Cable Repeaters
- Protocol Translators
- PROFIBUS-DP Networks
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM2881 - Complete Isolated RS485/RS422 uModule Transceiver + Power
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC2870 - RS232/RS485 Multiprotocol Transceivers with Integrated Termination
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download: