LTC2871 - RS232/RS485 Multiprotocol Transceivers with Integrated Termination
- One RS485 and Two RS232 Transceivers
- 3V to 5.5V Supply Voltage
- 20Mbps RS485 and 500kbps RS232
- Automatic Selection of Integrated RS485 (120Ω) and RS232 (5kΩ)Termination Resistors
- Half-/Full-Duplex RS485 Switching
- High ESD: ±26kV (LTC2870), ±16kV (LTC2871)
- Logic Loopback Mode
- 1.7V to 5.5V Logic Interface
- Supports Up to 256 RS485 Nodes
- RS485 Receiver Failsafe Eliminates UART Lockup
- Available in 28-Pin 4mm × 5mm QFN and TSSOP (LTC2870), and 38-Pin 5mm × 7mm QFN and TSSOP (LTC2871)
The LTC2870/LTC2871 are robust pin-configurable multiprotocol transceivers, supporting RS232, RS485, and RS422 protocols, operating on a single 3V to 5.5V supply. The LTC2870 can be configured as two RS232 single-ended transceivers or one RS485 differential transceiver on shared I/O lines. The LTC2871 offers independent control of two RS232 transceivers and one RS485 transceiver, each on dedicated I/O lines.
Pin-controlled integrated termination resistors allow for easy interface reconfiguration, eliminating external resistors and control relays. Half-duplex switches allow four-wire and two-wire RS485 configurations. Loopback mode steers the driver inputs to the receiver outputs for diagnostic self-test.The RS485 receivers support up to 256 nodes per bus, and feature full failsafe operation for floating, shorted or terminated inputs.
An integrated DC/DC boost converter uses a small inductor and one capacitor, eliminating the need for multiple supplies for driving RS232 levels.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1786A||LTC2871 RS232/RS485 Multiprotocol Transceiver with Integrated Termination||$25.00|
- Flexible RS232/RS485/RS422 Interface
- Software Selectable Multiprotocol Interface Ports
- Point-of-Sale Terminals
- Cable Repeaters
- Protocol Translators
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC2870 - RS232/RS485 Multiprotocol Transceivers with Integrated Termination
- LTM2881 - Complete Isolated RS485/RS422 μModule Transceiver + Power
- LTC2872 - RS232/RS485 Dual Multiprotocol Transceiver with Integrated Termination
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4366-1/LTC4366-2 - High Voltage Surge Stopper
- LT4356-1 and LT4356-2 - Surge Stopper
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4365 - Overvoltage, Undervoltage and Reverse Supply Protection Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download: