LTC2855 - 3.3V 20Mbps RS485/RS422 Transceiver with Integrated Switchable Termination
- Integrated, Logic-Selectable 120Ω Termination Resistor
- 3.3V Supply Voltage
- 20Mbps Maximum Data Rate
- No Damage or Latchup Up to ±25kV HBM
- High Input Impedance Supports 256 Nodes (C, I-Grade)
- Operation Up to 125°C (H-Grade)
- Guaranteed Failsafe Receiver Operation Over the Entire Common Mode Range
- Current Limited Drivers and Thermal Shutdown
- Delayed Micropower Shutdown: 5µA Maximum (C, I-Grade)
- Power Up/Down Glitch-Free Driver Outputs
- Low Operating Current: 370µA Typical in Receive Mode
- Compatible with TIA/EIA-485-A Speciﬁcations
- Available in 10-Pin 3mm × 3mm DFN, 12-Pin 4mm × 3mm DFN and 16-Pin SSOP Packages
The LTC2854 and LTC2855 are low power, 20Mbps RS485/RS422 transceivers operating on 3.3V supplies. The receiver includes a logic-selectable 120Ω termination, one-eighth unit load supporting up to 256 nodes per bus (C, I-Grade), under conditions of ﬂoating or shorted inputs.
The driver maintains a high output impedance over the entire common mode range when disabled or when the supply is removed. Excessive power dissipation caused by bus contention or a fault is prevented by current limiting all outputs and by a thermal shutdown.
Enhanced ESD protection allows the LTC2854 to withstand ±25kV (human body model) and the LTC2855 to withstand ±15kV on the transceiver interface pins without latchup or damage.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Low Power RS485/RS422 Transceiver
- Level Translator
- Backplane Transceiver
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM2881 - Complete Isolated RS485/RS422 uModule Transceiver + Power
- LTC2854 - 3.3V 20Mbps RS485/RS422 Transceiver with Integrated Switchable Termination
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC2851 - 3.3V 20Mbps RS485/RS422 Transceiver
- LTC2862 - ±60V Fault Protected 3V to 5.5V RS485/RS422 Transceivers
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC4365 - Overvoltage, Undervoltage and Reverse Supply Protection Controller
- LT1785 - 60V Fault Protected RS485/RS422 Transceivers
- LTC2850 - 3.3V 20Mbps RS485/RS422 Transceiver
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download: