LTC2850 - 3.3V 20Mbps RS485/RS422 Transceiver
- 3.3V Supply Voltage
- 20Mbps Maximum Data Rate
- No Damage or Latchup Up to ±15kV HBM
- High Input Impedance Supports 256 Nodes
- Operation Up to 125°C (H-Grade)
- Guaranteed Failsafe Receiver Operation Over the Entire Common Mode Range
- Current Limited Drivers and Thermal Shutdown
- Delayed Micropower Shutdown: 5μA Maximum
- Power Up/Down Glitch-Free Driver Outputs
- Low Operating Current: 370μA Typical in Receive Mode
- Compatible with TIA/EIA-485-A Specifications
- Available in 8-Pin and 10-Pin 3mm × 3mm DFN, 8-Pin and 10-Pin MSOP, and 8-Pin and 14-Pin SO Packages
The LTC2850, LTC2851 and LTC2852 are low power, 20Mbps RS485/RS422 transceivers operating on 3.3V supplies. The receiver has a one-eighth unit load supporting up to 256 nodes per bus (C, I-grade), and a failsafe feature that guarantees a high output state under conditions of floating or shorted inputs.
The driver maintains a high output impedance over the entire common mode range when disabled or when the supply is removed. Excessive power dissipation caused by bus contention or a fault is prevented by current limiting all outputs and by thermal shutdown.
Enhanced ESD protection allows these parts to withstand up to ±15kV (human body model) on the transceiver interface pins without latchup or damage.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
DFN-8, MS-8, SO-8
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Low Power RS485/RS422 Transceiver
- Level Translator
- Backplane Transceiver
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM2881 - Complete Isolated RS485/RS422 μModule Transceiver + Power
- LTC2862 - ±60V Fault Protected 3V to 5.5V RS485/RS422 Transceivers
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4366-1/LTC4366-2 - High Voltage Surge Stopper
- LTC1480 - 3.3V Ultralow Power RS485 Transceiver
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download: