LTC2480 - 16-Bit Delta Sigma ADC with Easy Drive Input Current Cancellation
- Easy Drive Technology Enables Rail-to-Rail Inputs with Zero Differential Input Current
- Directly Digitizes High Impedance Sensors with Full Accuracy
- Programmable Gain from 1 to 256
- Integrated Temperature Sensor
- GND to VCC Input/Reference Common Mode Range
- Programmable 50Hz, 60Hz or Simultaneous 50Hz/60Hz Rejection Mode
- 2ppm (0.25LSB) INL, No Missing Codes
- 1ppm Offset and 15ppm Full-Scale Error
- Selectable 2x Speed Mode (15Hz Using Internal Oscillator)
- No Latency: Digital Filter Settles in a Single Cycle
- Single Supply 2.7V to 5.5V Operation
- Internal Oscillator
- Available in a Tiny (3mm × 3mm) 10-Lead DFN Package and 10-Lead MSOP Package
The LTC2480 combines a 16-bit plus sign No Latency ΔΣ analog-to-digital converter with patented Easy Drive technology. The patented sampling scheme eliminates dynamic input current errors and the shortcomings of on-chip buffering through automatic cancellation of differential input current. This allows large external source impedances and input signals, with rail-to-rail input range to be directly digitized while maintaining exceptional DC accuracy.
The LTC2480 includes on-chip programmable gain, a temperature sensor and an oscillator. The LTC2480 can be configured to provide a programmable gain from 1 to 256 in 8 steps, measure an external signal or internal temperature sensor and reject line frequencies. 50Hz, 60Hz or simultaneous 50Hz/60Hz line frequency rejection can be selected as well as a 2x speed-up mode.
The LTC2480 allows a wide common mode input range (0V to VCC) independent of the reference voltage. The reference can be as low as 100mV or can be tied directly to VCC. The LTC2480 includes an on-chip trimmed oscillator eliminating the need for external crystals or oscillators. Absolute accuracy and low drift are automatically maintained through continuous, transparent, offset and full-scale calibration.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC798B||LTC2480 | 16-Bit Differential ADC with Programmable Gain and Temperature Sensor (req DC590)||$50.00|
|DC590B||USB Serial Controller for Linear Technology QuikEval Demo Boards||$50.00|
- Direct Sensor Digitizer
- Weight Scales
- Direct Temperature Measurement
- Strain Gauge Transducers
- Industrial Process Control
- DVMs and Meters
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT6654 - SOT-23 Precision Wide Supply High Output Drive Low Noise Reference
- LTM2883 - SPI/Digital or I2C μModule Isolator with Adjustable ±12.5V and 5V Regulated Power
- LTC2440 - 24-Bit High Speed Differential Delta Sigma ADC with Selectable Speed/Resolution
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LTC2482 - 16-Bit Delta Sigma ADC with Easy Drive Input Current Cancellation
- LTM8048 - 3.1VIN to 32VIN Isolated uModule DC/DC Converter with LDO Post Regulator
- LTC2484 - 24-Bit Delta Sigma ADC with Easy Drive Input Current Cancellation
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.