LTC2460 - Ultra-Tiny, 16-Bit ΔΣ ADCs with 10ppm/°C Max Precision Reference
- 16-Bit Resolution, No Missing Codes
- Internal Reference, High Accuracy 10ppm/°C (Max)
- Single-Ended (LTC2460) or Differential (LTC2462)
- 2LSB Offset Error
- 0.01% Gain Error
- 60 Conversions Per Second
- Single Conversion Settling Time for Multiplexed Applications
- Single-Cycle Operation with Auto Shutdown
- 1.5mA Supply Current
- 2μA (Max) Sleep Current
- Internal Oscillator—No External Components Required
- SPI Interface
- Ultra-Tiny 12-Lead 3mm × 3mm DFN and MSOP Packages
DescriptionThe LTC2460/LTC2462 are ultra tiny, 16-Bit analog-to-digital converters with an integrated precision reference. They use a single 2.7V to 5.5V supply and communicate through an SPI Interface. The LTC2460 is single-ended with a 0V to VREF input range and the LTC2462 is differential with a ±VREF input range. Both ADC’s include a 1.25V integrated reference with 2ppm/°C drift performance and 0.1% initial accuracy. The converters are available in a 12-pin DFN 3mm × 3mm package or an MSOP-12 package. They include an integrated oscillator and perform conversions with no latency for multiplexed applications. The LTC2460/LTC2462 include a proprietary input sampling scheme that reduces the average input current several orders of magnitude when compared to conventional delta sigma converters.
Following a single conversion, the LTC2460/LTC2462 automatically power down the converter and can also be configured to power down the reference. When both the ADC and reference are powered down, the supply current is reduced to 200nA.
The LTC2460/LTC2462 can sample at 60 conversions per second, and due to the very large oversampling ratio, have extremely relaxed antialiasing requirements. Both include continuous internal offset and fullscale calibration algorithms which are transparent to the user, ensuring accuracy over time and the operating temperature range.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1490A||LTC2460: 16-bit SPI Single-Ended Delta Sigma ADC with 10ppm max Internal Reference, req DC590||$50.00|
|DC590B||USB Serial Controller for Linear Technology QuikEval Demo Boards||$50.00|
- System Monitoring
- Environmental Monitoring
- Direct Temperature Measurements
- Industrial Process Control
- Data Acquisition
- Embedded ADC Upgrades
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC2470 - Selectable 250sps/1ksps, 16-Bit Delta Sigma ADCs with 10ppm/°C Max Precision Reference
- LTC2472 - Selectable 250sps/1ksps, 16-Bit Delta Sigma ADCs with 10ppm/°C Max Precision Reference
- LTC2440 - 24-Bit High Speed Differential Delta Sigma ADC with Selectable Speed/Resolution
- LTC2462 - Ultra-Tiny, 16-Bit ΔΣ ADCs with 10ppm/°C Max Precision Reference
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC2452 - Ultra-Tiny, Differential, 16-Bit Delta Sigma ADC with SPI Interface
- LTC2480 - 16-Bit Delta Sigma ADC with Easy Drive Input Current Cancellation
- LTC2389-18 - 18-Bit, 2.5Msps SAR ADC with Pin-Configurable Analog Input Range and 99.8dB SNR
- LTM2883 - SPI/Digital or I2C μModule Isolator with Adjustable ±12.5V and 5V Regulated Power
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.