LTC2387-16 - 16-Bit, 15Msps SAR ADC
- 15Msps Throughput Rate
- No Pipeline Delay, No Cycle Latency
- 93.8dB SNR (Typ) at fIN = 1MHz
- 102dB SFDR (Typ) at fIN = 1MHz
- Nyquist Sampling Up to 7.5MHz Input
- Guaranteed 16-Bit, No Missing Codes
- ±0.8LSB INL (Max)
- 8.192VP-P Differential Inputs
- 5V and 2.5V Supplies
- Internal 20ppm/°C (Max) Reference
- Serial LVDS Interface
- 125mW Power Dissipation
- 32-Pin (5mm × 5mm) QFN Package
The LTC®2387-16 is a low noise, high speed, 16-bit 15Msps successive approximation register (SAR) ADC ideally suited for a wide range of applications. The combination of excellent linearity and wide dynamic range makes the LTC2387-16 ideal for high speed imaging and instrumentation applications. No-latency operation provides a unique solution for high speed control loop applications. The very low distortion at high input frequencies enables communications applications requiring wide dynamic range and significant signal bandwidth.
To support high speed operation while minimizing the number of data lines, the LTC2387-16 features a serial LVDS digital interface. The LVDS interface has one-lane and two-lane output modes, allowing the user to optimize the interface data rate for each application.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2290A-B||LTC2387-16 Demo Board | 16-Bit, 15Msps SAR ADC (Requires DC718 & DC2402 or DC2403)||$200.00|
|DC2402A||LT6237 ADC Driver Board | Driver for LTC2387 family, Input Frequencies up to 8kHz||$25.00|
|DC2403A||LT6200 ADC Driver Board | Driver for LTC2387 family, Input Frequencies up to 1MHz||$25.00|
|DC718C||USB Data Acquisition Controller, for PScope Evaluation Kits (<135Mbps)||$300.00|
- High Speed Data Acquisition
- Control Loops
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC2387-18 - 18-Bit, 15Msps SAR ADC
- LTC2380-24 - 24-Bit, 1.5Msps/2Msps, Low Power SAR ADC with Integrated Digital Filter
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LTC2323-16 - Dual, 16-Bit, 5Msps Differential Input ADC with Wide Input Common Mode Range
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
- LT6200 - 165MHz, Rail-to-Rail Input and Output, 0.95nV/√Hz Low Noise, Op Amp Family
- LT1028 - Ultra Low Noise Precision High Speed Op Amps
- LTC2378-20 - 20-Bit, 1Msps, Low Power SAR ADC with 0.5ppm INL
- LTC6268 - 500MHz Ultra-Low Bias Current FET Input Op Amp
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
LinearLabTools is a collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards. An evaluation board for a data converter will typically plug into an accompanying controller board, which is then connected to a host computer running a Linear supplied GUI program such as PScope for Analog-to-Digital converters or LTDACgen for Digital-to-Analog converters. The GUI allows basic performance measurements to be made, but it is not designed to run arbitrary sequences of tests or communicate with other hardware, as is often required by customers when evaluating a part for their own application. LinearLabTools allows customers to control Linear’s data converter demo boards as they would any other piece of test equipment, using their own software.
The LinearLabTools package also contains various application examples, simulations, and educational programs that demonstrate mixed signal concepts.