LTC2379-18 - 18-Bit, 1.6Msps, Low Power SAR ADC with 101.2dB SNR
- 1.6Msps Throughput Rate
- ±2LSB INL (Max)
- Guaranteed 18-Bit No Missing Codes
- Low Power: 18mW at 1.6Msps, 18μW at 1.6ksps
- 101.2dB SNR (typ) at fIN = 2kHz
- –120dB THD (typ) at fIN = 2kHz
- Digital Gain Compression (DGC)
- Guaranteed Operation to 125°C
- 2.5V Supply
- Fully Differential Input Range ±VREF
- VREF Input Range from 2.5V to 5.1V
- No Pipeline Delay, No Cycle Latency
- 1.8V to 5V I/O Voltages
- SPI-Compatible Serial I/O with Daisychain Mode
- Internal Conversion Clock
- 16-pin MSOP and 4mm × 3mm DFN Packages
The LTC®2379-18 is a low noise, low power, high speed 18-bit successive approximation register (SAR) ADC. Operating from a 2.5V supply, the LTC2379-18 has a ±VREF fully differential input range with VREF ranging from 2.5V to 5.1V. The LTC2379-18 consumes only 18mW and achieves ±2LSB INL maximum, no missing codes at 18‑bits with 101.2dB SNR.
The LTC2379-18 has a high speed SPI-compatible serial interface that supports 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V and 5V logic while also featuring a daisychain mode. The fast 1.6Msps throughput with no cycle latency makes the LTC2379-18 ideally suited for a wide variety of high speed applications. An internal oscillator sets the conversion time, easing external timing considerations. The LTC2379-18 automatically powers down between conversions, leading to reduced power dissipation that scales with the sampling rate.
The LTC2379-18 features a unique digital gain compression (DGC) function, which eliminates the driver amplifier’s negative supply while preserving the full resolution of the ADC. When enabled, the ADC performs a digital scaling function that maps zero-scale code from 0V to 0.1 • VREF and full-scale code from VREF to 0.9 • VREF. For a typical reference voltage of 5V, the full-scale input range is now 0.5V to 4.5V, which provides adequate headroom for powering the driving amplifier from a single 5.5V supply.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1783A-E||LTC2379-18 with LTC6655-5/LT6350 Demo Board | 18-Bit, 1.6Msps, SAR ADC with 101dB SNR. Req DC718 or DC2026||$150.00|
|DC1805A-E||LTC6362 with 1.6Msps 18-bit LTC2379-18 Demo Board | SAR ADC, LTC6655-5. Req DC718 or DC2026||$150.00|
|DC1858A||Low Noise, Low Distortion Sine Wave Generator for LTC2379/LTC2369 SAR ADC Family, Fout=2kHz||$500.00|
|DC2026C||Linduino One Isolated USB Demo Board: An Arduino- and QuikEval-Compatible Code Development Platform||$75.00|
|DC718C||USB Data Acquisition Controller, for PScope Evaluation Kits (<135Mbps)||$300.00|
- Medical Imaging
- High Speed Data Acquisition
- Portable or Compact Instrumentation
- Industrial Process Control
- Low Power Battery-Operated Instrumentation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LTC2378-20 - 20-Bit, 1Msps, Low Power SAR ADC with 0.5ppm INL
- LTC6362 - Precision, Low Power Rail-to-Rail Input/Output Differential Op Amp/SAR ADC Driver
- LT6350 - Low Noise Single-Ended to Differential Converter/ADC Driver
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LTC2389-18 - 18-Bit, 2.5Msps SAR ADC with Pin-Configurable Analog Input Range and 99.8dB SNR
- LTC2440 - 24-Bit High Speed Differential Delta Sigma ADC with Selectable Speed/Resolution
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC6409 - 10GHz GBW, 1.1nV/√Hz Differential Amplifier/ADC Driver
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LinearLabTools is a collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards. An evaluation board for a data converter will typically plug into an accompanying controller board, which is then connected to a host computer running a Linear supplied GUI program such as PScope for Analog-to-Digital converters or LTDACgen for Digital-to-Analog converters. The GUI allows basic performance measurements to be made, but it is not designed to run arbitrary sequences of tests or communicate with other hardware, as is often required by customers when evaluating a part for their own application. LinearLabTools allows customers to control Linear’s data converter demo boards as they would any other piece of test equipment, using their own software.
The LinearLabTools package also contains various application examples, simulations, and educational programs that demonstrate mixed signal concepts.