LTC2208 - 16-Bit, 130Msps ADC
- Sample Rate: 130Msps
- 78dBFS Noise Floor
- 100dB SFDR
- SFDR >83dB at 250MHz (1.5VP-P Input Range)
- PGA Front End (2.25VP-P or 1.5VP-P Input Range)
- 700MHz Full Power Bandwidth S/H
- Optional Internal Dither
- Optional Data Output Randomizer
- LVDS or CMOS Outputs
- Single 3.3V Supply
- Power Dissipation: 1.25W
- Clock Duty Cycle Stabilizer
- Pin Compatible 14-Bit Version 130Msps:
LTC2208 (16-Bit), LTC2208-14 (14-Bit)
- 64-Pin (9mm × 9mm)QFN Package
The LTC2208 is a 130Msps, sampling 16-bit A/D converter designed for digitizing high frequency, wide dynamic range signals up to input frequencies of 700MHz. The input range of the ADC can be optimized with the PGA front end.
The LTC2208 is perfect for demanding communications applications, with AC performance that includes 78dBFS Noise Floor and 100dB spurious free dynamic range (SFDR). Ultra low jitter of 70fsRMS allows undersampling of high input frequencies with excellent noise performance. Maximum DC specs include ±4LSB INL, ±1LSB DNL (no missing codes) over temperature.
The digital output can be either differential LVDS or single-ended CMOS. There are two format options for the CMOS outputs: a single bus running at the full data rate or demultiplexed buses running at half data rate. A separate output power supply allows the CMOS output swing to range from 0.5V to 3.3V.
The ENC+ and ENC– inputs may be driven differentially or single-ended with a sine wave, PECL, LVDS, TTL or CMOS inputs. An optional clock duty cycle stabilizer allows high performance at full speed with a wide range of clock duty cycle.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC854C-P||LTC2208IUP | CMOS OUT, 130Msps, 16-Bit ADC, Ain > 140MHz, (req. DC718)||$200.00|
|DC854D-A||LTC2208IUP | CMOS OUT, 130Msps, 16-Bit ADC, 1MHz < Ain < 70MHz, (req. DC718)||$200.00|
|DC854D-B||LTC2208IUP | CMOS OUT, 130Msps, 16-Bit ADC, 70MHz < Ain < 140MHz, (req. DC718)||$200.00|
|DC996A-P||LTC2208IUP | HIGH IF, LVDS OUT, 130Msps, 16-Bit ADC, Ain > 140MHz, (req. DC890 & LVDS_XFMR)||$200.00|
|DC996B-A||LTC2208IUP | LVDS OUT, 130Msps, 16-Bit ADC 1MHz < Ain < 70MHz, (req. DC890 & LVDS_XFMR)||$200.00|
|DC996B-B||LTC2208IUP | LVDS OUT, 130Msps, 16-Bit ADC 70MHz < Ain < 140MHz, (req. DC890 & LVDS_XFMR)||$200.00|
|DC718C||USB Data Acquisition Controller, for PScope Evaluation Kits (<135Mbps)||$300.00|
|DC890B||USB Data Acquisition Controller, for PScope Evaluation Kits (up to 250Mbps, CMOS/LVDS)||$300.00|
- Cellular Base Stations
- Spectrum Analysis
- Imaging Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC6409 - 10GHz GBW, 1.1nV/√Hz Differential Amplifier/ADC Driver
- LTC2209 - 16-Bit, 160Msps ADC
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC6946 - Ultralow Noise and Spurious 0.37GHz to 6.39GHz Integer-N Synthesizer with Integrated VCO
- LTC2107 - 16-Bit, 210Msps High Performance ADC
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LTC6957 - Low Phase Noise, Dual Output Buffer/Driver/Logic Converter
- LT1028 - Ultra Low Noise Precision High Speed Op Amps
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!