LTC1998 - 2.5µA, 1% Accurate SOT-23 Comparator and Voltage Reference for Battery Monitoring
- High Accuracy Trip Voltage: 1% Max Error using External 1% Resistors
- Adjustable Threshold Voltage and Hysteresis
- Quiescent Current: 2.5µA Typ
- Output Swings Rail-to-Rail
- Thresholds Programmable from 2.5V to 3.25V
- Output State Guaranteed for VBATT > or = 1.5V
- Low Profile (1mm) ThinSOT™ Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC1998 is a micropower comparator and a precision adjustable reference in a 6-pin SOT-23 package that is optimized for lithium-ion low battery detection circuits.
The LTC1998 features a voltage detection circuit with an adjustable threshold voltage and hysteresis. The threshold voltage can be programmed from 2.5V to 3.25V with two external resistors. A 10mV to 750mV hysteresis can be added with a third external resistor.
A proprietary internal architecture maintains 1% threshold voltage accuracy over temperature with low cost 1% external resistors.
A separate power supply pin, VLOGIC , allows the battery-low logic output to operate below the battery voltage, allowing compatibility with low voltage microprocessors without a pull-up resistor. Power supply glitches are eliminated by preventing the cross-conducting current which occurs when the output changes state.
The LTC1998 operates with battery or supply voltages up to 5.5V and its battery-low output is valid for battery voltages above 1.5V.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Lithium-Ion Battery-Powered Equipment
Palm Top Comp
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC1540 - Nanopower Comparator with Reference
- LTC1440 - Ultralow Power Single/Dual Comparator with Reference
- LT6703 - Micropower, Low Voltage Comparator with 400mV Reference
- LTC1541 - Micropower Op Amp, Comparator and Reference
- LT1716 - SOT-23, 44V, Over-The-Top, Micropower, Precision Rail-to-Rail Comparator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT6700 - Micropower, Low Voltage, Dual Comparator with 400mV Reference
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice IV - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!