LTC1983 - 100mA Regulated Charge-Pump Inverters in ThinSOT
- Fixed Output Voltages: -3V, -5V or Low Noise VIN to -VIN Inverted Output
- ±4% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Low Quiesient Current: 25µA
- 100mA Output Current Capability
- 2.3V to 5.5V Operating Voltage Range
- Internal 900kHz Oscillator
- "Zero Current" Shutdown
- Short-Circuit and Over-Temperature Protected
- Low Profile (1mm) ThinSOT™ Package
The LTC1983-3 and LTC1983-5 are inverting charge pump DC/DC converters that produce negative regulated outputs. The parts require only three tiny external capacitors and can provide up to 100mA of output current. The devices can operate in open loop mode (creating a -VIN supply) or regulated output mode depending on the input supply voltage and the output current.
The LTC1983-3/LTC1983-5 have many useful features for portable applications including very low quiescent current (25µA typical) and a zero current shutdown mode programmed through the SHDN pin.
The LTC1983-3/LTC1983-5 are over-temperature and short-circuit protected. The parts are available in a 6-pin low profile (1mm) ThinSOT package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC482A||LTC1983ES6-5 | 100mA Regulated Charge-Pump Inverte||$75.00|
- –3V Generation in Single-Supply Systems
- Portable Equipment
- LCD Bias Supplies
- GaAs FET Bias Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3260 - Low Noise Dual Supply Inverting Charge Pump
- LT1054 - Switched-Capacitor Voltage Converter with Regulator
- LTC3261 - High Voltage, Low Quiescent Current Inverting Charge Pump
- LT1964 - 200mA, Low Noise, Low Dropout Negative Micropower Regulator
- LT3032 Series - Dual 150mA Positive/Negative Low Noise Low Dropout Linear Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC660 - 100mA CMOS Voltage Converter
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1026 - Voltage Converter
- LT1963A Series - 1.5A, Low Noise, Fast Transient Response LDO Regulators
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV