LTC1983 - 100mA Regulated Charge-Pump Inverters in ThinSOT
- Fixed Output Voltages: -3V, -5V or Low Noise VIN to -VIN Inverted Output
- ±4% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Low Quiesient Current: 25µA
- 100mA Output Current Capability
- 2.3V to 5.5V Operating Voltage Range
- Internal 900kHz Oscillator
- "Zero Current" Shutdown
- Short-Circuit and Over-Temperature Protected
- Low Profile (1mm) ThinSOT™ Package
The LTC1983-3 and LTC1983-5 are inverting charge pump DC/DC converters that produce negative regulated outputs. The parts require only three tiny external capacitors and can provide up to 100mA of output current. The devices can operate in open loop mode (creating a -VIN supply) or regulated output mode depending on the input supply voltage and the output current.
The LTC1983-3/LTC1983-5 have many useful features for portable applications including very low quiescent current (25µA typical) and a zero current shutdown mode programmed through the SHDN pin.
The LTC1983-3/LTC1983-5 are over-temperature and short-circuit protected. The parts are available in a 6-pin low profile (1mm) ThinSOT package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC482A||LTC1983ES6-5 | 100mA Regulated Charge-Pump Inverter, 3V-5.5V Input, -5Vout, Iout up to 100mA Max.||$75.00|
- –3V Generation in Single-Supply Systems
- Portable Equipment
- LCD Bias Supplies
- GaAs FET Bias Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3260 - Low Noise Dual Supply Inverting Charge Pump
- LT1054 - Switched-Capacitor Voltage Converter with Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1964 - 200mA, Low Noise, Low Dropout Negative Micropower Regulator
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LTC3261 - High Voltage, Low Quiescent Current Inverting Charge Pump
- LT3032 Series - Dual 150mA Positive/Negative Low Noise Low Dropout Linear Regulator
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: