LTC1877 - High Efficiency Monolithic Synchronous Step-Down Regulator
- High Efficiency: Up to 95%
- Very Low Quiescent Current: Only 10μA During Operation
- 600mA Output Current at VIN = 5V
- 2.65V to 10V Input Voltage Range
- 550kHz Constant-Frequency Operation
- No Schottky Diode Required
- Low Dropout Operation: 100% Duty Cycle
- Synchronizable from 400kHz to 700kHz
- Selectable Burst Mode® Operation or Pulse-Skipping Mode
- 0.8V Reference Allows Low Output Voltages
- Shutdown Mode Draws < 1μA Supply Current
- ±2% Output Voltage Accuracy
- Current Mode Control for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- Overcurrent and Overtemperature Protected
- Available in 8-Lead MSOP Package
DescriptionThe LTC1877 s a high efficiency monolithic synchronous buck regulator using a constant-frequency, current mode architecture. Supply current during operation is only 10μA and drops to < 1μA in shutdown. The 2.65V to 10V input voltage range makes the LTC1877 ideally suited for both single and dual Li-Ion battery-powered applications. 100% duty cycle provides low dropout operation, extending battery life in portable systems.
Switching frequency is internally set at 550kHz, allowing the use of small surface mount inductors and capacitors. For noise sensitive applications the LTC1877 can be externally synchronized from 400kHz to 700kHz. Burst Mode operation is inhibited during synchronization or when the SYNC/MODE pin is pulled low, preventing low frequency ripple from interfering with audio circuitry.
The internal synchronous switch increases efficiency and eliminates the need for an external Schottky diode. Low output voltages are easily supported with the 0.8V feedback reference voltage. The LTC1877 is available in a space saving 8-lead MSOP package. Lower input voltage applications (less than 7V abs max) should refer to the LTC1878 data sheet.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC290A-A||LTC1877EMS8 Demo Board | 2.65V to 10V Input, 1.5V to 3.3Vout @ 600mA||$100.00|
- Cellular Telephones
- Wireless Modems
- Personal Information Appliances
- Portable Instruments
- Distributed Power Systems
- Battery-Powered Equipment
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3103 - 1.8μA Quiescent Current, 15V, 300mA Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3621 - 17V, 1A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 3.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC4412 - Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.