LTC1871X - Wide Input Range, No RSENSE Current Mode Boost, Flyback and SEPIC Controller
- High Efficiency (No Sense Resistor Required)
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.5V to 36V
- Current Mode Control Provides Excellent Transient Response
- High Maximum Duty Cycle (92% Typ)
- ±2% RUN Pin Threshold with 100mV Hysteresis
- ±2% Internal Voltage Reference
- Micropower Shutdown: IQ = 10μA
- Programmable Operating Frequency (65kHz to 900kHz) with One External Resistor
- Synchronizable to an External Clock Up to 1.3 × fOSC
- User-Controlled Pulse Skip or Burst Mode® Operation
- Internal 5.2V Low Dropout Voltage Regulator
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Capable of Operating with a Sense Resistor for High Output Voltage Applications
- Small 10-Lead MSOP Package
LTC®1871X is a wide input range, current mode, boost, flyback or SEPIC controller that drives an N-channel power MOSFET. LTC1871X is rated to 175°C junction temperature and is 100% tested at 175°C. Intended for low to medium power applications, it eliminates the need for a current sense resistor by utilizing the power MOSFET’s on-resistance, thereby maximizing efficiency.
The IC’s operating frequency can be set with an external resistor over a 65kHz to 900kHz range, and can be synchronized to an external clock using the MODE/SYNC pin. Burst Mode operation at light loads, a low minimum operating supply voltage of 2.5V and a low shutdown quiescent current of 10μA make the LTC1871X ideally suited for battery-operated systems.
For applications requiring constant frequency operation, Burst Mode operation can be defeated using the MODE/ SYNC pin. Higher output voltage boost, SEPIC and flyback applications are possible with the LTC1871X by connecting the SENSE pin to a resistor in the source of the power MOSFET. The LTC1871X is available in the 10-lead MSOP package.
|LTC1871||2.5V to 36V||5.2V||-|
|LTC1871-1||2.5V to 36V||5.2V||Lower Burst Mode Threshold (0.195V vs. 0.3V)|
|LTC1871-7||6V to 36V||7V||Drives 6V Gate N-Channel MOSFETs|
|LTC1871X||2.5V to 36V||5.2V||175°C Junction Temp, 100% Tested at 175°C|
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Telecom Power Supplies
- Portable Electronic Equipment
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT8331 - Low IQ Boost/SEPIC/ Flyback/Inverting Converter with 0.5A, 140V Switch
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT8315 - 560VIN Micropower No-Opto Isolated Flyback Converter with 630V/300mA Switch
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.