LTC1871-1 - Wide Input Range, No RSENSE Current Mode Boost, Flyback and SEPIC Controller
- High Efficiency (No Sense Resistor Required)
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.5V to 36V
- Current Mode Control Provides Excellent Transient Response
- High Maximum Duty Cycle (92% Typ)
- ±2% RUN Pin Threshold with 100mV Hysteresis
- ±1% Internal Voltage Reference
- Ultra Low Pulse Skip Threshold for Wide Input Range Applications
- Micropower Shutdown: IQ = 10μA
- Programmable Operating Frequency (50kHz to 1MHz) with One External Resistor
- Synchronizable to an External Clock Up to 1.3 × fOSC
- User-Controlled Pulse Skip or Burst Mode® Operation
- Internal 5.2V Low Dropout Voltage Regulator Output Overvoltage Protection
- Capable of Operating with a Sense Resistor for High
- Output Voltage Applications
- Small 10-Lead MSOP Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LTC1871-1 is a wide input range, current mode, boost, flyback or SEPIC controller that drives an Nchannel power MOSFET and requires very few external components. It eliminates the need for a current sense resistor by utilizing the power MOSFET’s on-resistance, thereby maximizing efficiency. Higher output voltage applications are possible with the LTC1871-1 by connecting the SENSE pin to a resistor in the source of the power MOSFET.
The IC’s operating frequency can be set with an external resistor over a 50kHz to 1MHz range, and can be synchronized to an external clock using the MODE/SYNC pin.
The LTC1871-1 differs from the LTC1871 by having a lower pulse skip threshold, making it ideal for applications requiring constant frequency operation at light loads. The lower pulse skip threshold also helps maintain constant frequency operation in applications with a wide input voltage range. For applications requiring primaryto- secondary side isolation, please refer to the LTC1871 datasheet.
The LTC1871-1 is available in the 10-lead MSOP package.
|LTC1871||2.5V to 36V||5.2V||-|
|LTC1871-1||2.5V to 36V||5.2V||Lower Burst Mode Threshold (0.195V vs. 0.3V)|
|LTC1871-7||6V to 36V||7V||Drives 6V Gate N-Channel MOSFETs|
|LTC1871X||2.5V to 36V||5.2V||175°C Junction Temp, 100% Tested at 175°C|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1225A||LTC1871EMS-1 Demo Board | SEPIC Controller; 5V to 20Vin, 12VOUT @ 3A||$125.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Telecom Power Supplies
- Portable Electronic Equipment
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC1871 - Wide Input Range, No RSENSE Current Mode Boost, Flyback and SEPIC Controller
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LTC1871-7 - High Input Voltage, Current Mode Boost, Flyback and SEPIC Controller
- LT3759 - Wide Input Voltage Range Boost/SEPIC/Inverting Controller
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LTC3783 - PWM LED Driver and Boost, Flyback and SEPIC Converter
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC3786 - Low IQ Synchronous Boost Controller
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT3958 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: