LTC1871 - Wide Input Range, No RSENSE Current Mode Boost, Flyback and SEPIC Controller
- High Efficiency (No Sense Resistor Required)
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.5V to 36V
- Current Mode Control Provides Excellent Transient Response
- High Maximum Duty Cycle (92% Typ)
- ±2% RUN Pin Threshold with 100mV Hysteresis
- ±1% Internal Voltage Reference
- Micropower Shutdown: IQ = 10μA
- Programmable Operating Frequency (50kHz to 1MHz) with One External Resistor
- Synchronizable to an External Clock Up to 1.3 × fOSC
- User-Controlled Pulse Skip or Burst Mode® Operation
- Internal 5.2V Low Dropout Voltage Regulator
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Capable of Operating with a Sense Resistor for High Output Voltage Applications
- Small 10-Lead MSOP Package
The LTC1871 is a wide input range, current mode, boost, flyback or SEPIC controller that drives an N-channel power MOSFET and requires very few external components. Intended for low to medium power applications, it eliminates the need for a current sense resistor by utilizing the power MOSFET’s on-resistance, thereby maximizing efficiency.
The IC’s operating frequency can be set with an external resistor over a 50kHz to 1MHz range, and can be synchronized to an external clock using the MODE/SYNC pin. Burst Mode operation at light loads, a low minimum operating supply voltage of 2.5V and a low shutdown quiescent current of 10μA make the LTC1871 ideally suited for battery-operated systems.
For applications requiring constant frequency operation, Burst Mode operation can be defeated using the MODE/ SYNC pin. Higher output voltage boost, SEPIC and flyback applications are possible with the LTC1871 by connecting the SENSE pin to a resistor in the source of the power MOSFET.
The LTC1871 is available in the 10-lead MSOP package.
|LTC1871||2.5V to 36V||5.2V||-|
|LTC1871-1||2.5V to 36V||5.2V||Lower Burst Mode Threshold (0.195V vs. 0.3V)|
|LTC1871-7||6V to 36V||7V||Drives 6V Gate N-Channel MOSFETs|
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC414A||LTC1871EMS | High Efficiency Boost Converter, 3.3V Input, 5.0Vout @ 7Amp||$125.00|
|DC415A||LTC1871EMS | High Efficiency SEPIC Converter, 5V-15V Input, 12Vout @ 2Amp||$125.00|
- Telecom Power Supplies
- Portable Electronic Equipment
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3759 - Wide Input Voltage Range Boost/SEPIC/Inverting Controller
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC3786 - Low IQ Synchronous Boost Controller
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LTC1871-7 - High Input Voltage, Current Mode Boost, Flyback and SEPIC Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: