LTC1702A - Dual 550kHz Synchronous 2-Phase Switching Regulator Controller
- Pin Compatible with the LTC1702 with Improved Current Limit Control
- Two Sides Run Out-of-Phase to Minimize CIN
- No External Current Sense Resistors
- Excellent Output Regulation: 1% Total Output Accuracy
- Two Independent Controllers in One Package
- All N-Channel External MOSFET Architecture
- 550kHz Switching Frequency Minimizes External Component Size
- 1A to 25A Output Current per Channel
- High Efficiency over Wide Load Current Range
- Less Than 100µA Shutdown Current
- Small 24-Pin Narrow SSOP Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
DescriptionThe LTC1702A is a dual switching regulator controller optimized for high efficiency with low input voltages. It includes two complete, on-chip,independent switching regulator controllers each designed to drive a pair of external N-channel MOSFETs in a voltage mode feedback,synchronous buck configuration. The LTC1702A uses a constant-frequency, true PWM design switching at 550kHz, minimizing external component size and cost and maximizing load transient performance. The synchronous buck architecture automatically shifts to discontinuous and then to Burst Mode® operation as the output load decreases, ensuring maximum efficiency over a wide range of load currents.
The LTC1702A features an onboard reference trimmed to 0.5% and can provide better than 1% regulation at the converter outputs. Open-drain logic outputs indicate whether either output has risen to within 5% of the final output voltage and an optional latching FAULT mode protects the load if the output rises 15% above the intended voltage. Each channel can be enabled independently; with both channels disabled, the LTC1702A shuts down and supply current drops below 100µA.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC275A||LTC1702ACGN | Dual Output Buck Regulators, Vin = 5.0V, Fswitch = 550kHz, Vout1 = jmpr sel @ 15A, Vout2 = 3.3V @ 15A||Contact Factory|
|DC473A||LTC1702ACGN | High Efficiency Dual Output Power Supply, 3V~7Vin, 1.8Vout @ 5A and 2.5Vout @ 5A||$150.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Microprocessor, DSP Core and I/O Supplies
- Multiple Logic Supply Generator
- Distributed Power Applications
- High Efficiency Power Conversion
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC6992 - TimerBlox: Voltage-Controlled Pulse Width Modulator (PWM)
- LTC3703 - 100V Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LTC3810 - 100V Current Mode Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT1764A - 3A, Fast Transient Response, Low Noise, LDO Regulators
- LTC1624 - High Efficiency SO-8 N-Channel Switching Regulator Controller
- LTC3890 - 60V Low IQ, Dual, 2-Phase Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC3780 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: