LTC1699-82 - SMBus VID Voltage Programmers
- Fully Compliant with Intel 5-Bit Mobile (LTC1699-80) and Desktop VRM8.4 (LTC1699-81) and VRM9.0 (LTC1699-82) VID Specificatio
- Precision ±0.35% Programmable Resistor Divider for Use with 0.8V Referenced DC/DC Converters
- Two Different Divider Settings Can Be Stored Using a 2-Wire SMBus Serial Interface (Rev 1.1)
- Built-In Safeguards Minimize Misprogramming Due to Bus Conflicts
- Three Open-Drain Pins (CPU_ON, IO_ON, CLK_ON) and a Global Control Pin (VRON) to Shutdown or Soft-Start 3 DC/DC Converters Simul
- PGOOD Pin and 50µs PGOOD Timer
- Available in MSOP-8 and SSOP-16 Package
DescriptionThe LTC®1699-80, LTC1699-81 and LTC1699-82 are precision (±0.35% max), digitally programmed resistor dividers that comply with Intel 5-bit mobile (LTC1699-80), desktop VRM8.4 (LTC1699-81) and VRM9.0 (LTC1699-82) VID specifications. Each IC can switch the output of a DC/DC converter between two set voltages. A digital input pin, SEL, selects one of two divider settings stored into registers via a 2-wire SMBus interface.
The SMBus interface uses Write Word protocol to setup the registers and to turn the DC/DC converters on or off. Read Word protocol is used to verify register contents and to return the On/Off status of the converters. The LTC1699-80, LTC1699-81 and LTC1699-82 incorporate safeguards against errors due to bus conflicts.
Three open-drain N-channel outputs (CPU_ON, IO_ON and CLK_ON) are provided to turn DC/DC converter supplies on or off via their RUB/SS inputs. A global control pin, VRON is used to turn the converters on or off simultaneously. An internal timer pulls the PGOOD pin low for 50µs if the divider setting changes or the converters are turned on via the SMBus and the VRON pin.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Intel Desktop Pentium® III Power Supply
- Intel Mobile Pentium® Power Supply with Intel SpeedStep™ Technology
- Desktop AMD Athlon™ Power Supply
- Software Programmable Remote Power Supply
- Power Supplies with Voltage Margining
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3816 - Single-Phase Wide VIN Range DC/DC Controller for Intel IMVP-6/IMVP-6.5 CPUs
- LTC3625 - 1A High Efficiency 2-Cell Supercapacitor Charger with Automatic Cell Balancing
- LTC2990 - I2C Temperature, Voltage and Current Monitor
- LTC4362-1/LTC4362-2 - 1.2A Overvoltage/ Overcurrent Protector
- LT4180 - Virtual Remote Sense Controller
- LTC2978 - Octal Digital Power Supply Manager with EEPROM
- LTC2939 - Conﬁgurable 6-Supply Monitors with Watchdog Timer
- LTC4070 - Li-Ion/Polymer Shunt Battery Charger System
- LTC4071 - Li-Ion/Polymer Shunt Battery Charger System with Low Battery Disconnect
- LTC2195 - 16-Bit, 125Msps Low Power Dual ADCs
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.