LTC1699 - SMBus VID Voltage Programmers
- Fully Compliant with Intel 5-Bit Mobile (LTC1699-80) and Desktop VRM8.4 (LTC1699-81) and VRM9.0 (LTC1699-82) VID Specificatio
- Precision ±0.35% Programmable Resistor Divider for Use with 0.8V Referenced DC/DC Converters
- Two Different Divider Settings Can Be Stored Using a 2-Wire SMBus Serial Interface (Rev 1.1)
- Built-In Safeguards Minimize Misprogramming Due to Bus Conflicts
- Three Open-Drain Pins (CPU_ON, IO_ON, CLK_ON) and a Global Control Pin (VRON) to Shutdown or Soft-Start 3 DC/DC Converters Simul
- PGOOD Pin and 50µs PGOOD Timer
- Available in MSOP-8 and SSOP-16 Package
DescriptionThe LTC1699-80, LTC1699-81 and LTC1699-82 are precision (±0.35% max), digitally programmed resistor dividers that comply with Intel 5-bit mobile (LTC1699-80), desktop VRM8.4 (LTC1699-81) and VRM9.0 (LTC1699-82) VID specifications. Each IC can switch the output of a DC/DC converter between two set voltages. A digital input pin, SEL, selects one of two divider settings stored into registers via a 2-wire SMBus interface.
The SMBus interface uses Write Word protocol to setup the registers and to turn the DC/DC converters on or off. Read Word protocol is used to verify register contents and to return the On/Off status of the converters. The LTC1699-80, LTC1699-81 and LTC1699-82 incorporate safeguards against errors due to bus conflicts.
Three open-drain N-channel outputs (CPU_ON, IO_ON and CLK_ON) are provided to turn DC/DC converter supplies on or off via their RUB/SS inputs. A global control pin, VRON is used to turn the converters on or off simultaneously. An internal timer pulls the PGOOD pin low for 50µs if the divider setting changes or the converters are turned on via the SMBus and the VRON pin.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Intel Desktop Pentium® III Power Supply
- Intel Mobile Pentium® Power Supply with Intel SpeedStep™ Technology
- Desktop AMD Athlon™ Power Supply
- Software Programmable Remote Power Supply
- Power Supplies with Voltage Margining
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC2945 - Wide Range I2C Power Monitor
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LTC4120/LTC4120-4.2 - Wireless Power Receiver and 400mA Buck Battery Charger
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC2974 - 4-Channel PMBus Power System Manager Featuring Accurate Output Current Measurement
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!