LTC1685 - 52Mbps, Precision Delay, RS485 Fail-Safe Transceiver
- Precision Propagation Delay Over Temperature: Receiver/Driver: 18.5ns ±3.5ns
- High Data Rate: 52Mbps
- Low tPLH/tPHL Skew: Receiver/Driver: 500ps Typ
- –7V to 12V RS485 Input Common Mode Range
- Guaranteed Fail-Safe Receiver Operation Over the Entire Common Mode Range
- High Receiver Input Resistance: >/=22k, Even When Unpowered
- Short-Circuit Protected
- Thermal Shutdown Protected
- Driver Maintains High Impedance in Three-State or with Power Off
- Single 5V Supply
- Pin Compatible with LTC485
- 45dB CMRR at 26MHz
DescriptionThe LTC®1685 is a high speed, precision delay RS485 transceiver that can operate at data rates as high as 52Mbps. The device also meets the requirements of RS422. A unique architecture provides very stable propagation delays and low skew over a wide common mode and ambient temperature range. The driver and receiver feature three-state outputs, with disabled driver outputs maintaining high impedance over the entire common mode range. A short circuit feature detects shorted outputs and substantially reduces driver output current. A similar feature also protects the receiver output from short circuits. Thermal shutdown circuitry protects from excessive power dissipation. The receiver has a fail-safe feature that guarantees a high output state when the inputs are shorted or are left floating. The LTC1685 RS485 transceiver guarantees receiver fail-safe operation over the entire common mode range (–7V to 12V). Input resistance will remain >/=22k when the device is unpowered or disabled. The LTC1685 operates from a single 5V supply and draws only 7mA of supply current.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- High Speed RS485/RS422 Transceivers
- Level Translator
- Backplane Transceiver
- STS-1/OC-1 Data Transceiver
- Fast-20, Fast-40 SCSI Transceivers
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM2881 - Complete Isolated RS485/RS422 μModule Transceiver + Power
- LTC1686 - 52Mbps Precision Delay RS485 Fail-Safe Transceivers
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LTC485 - Low Power RS485 Interface Transceiver
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!