LTC1667 - 14-Bit, 50Msps DAC
- 50Msps Update Rate
- Pin Compatible 12-Bit, 14-Bit and 16-Bit Devices
- High Spectral Purity: 87dB SFDR at 1MHz fOUT
- 5pV-s Glitch Impulse
- Differential Current Outputs
- 20ns Settling Time
- Low Power: 180mW from ±5V Supplies
- TTL/CMOS (3.3V or 5V) Inputs
- Small Package: 28-Pin SSOP
DescriptionThe LTC®1666/LTC1667/LTC1668 are 12-/14-/16-bit, 50Msps differential current output DACs implemented on a high performance BiCMOS process with laser trimmed, thin-film resistors. The combination of a novel current-steering architecture and a high performance process produces DACs with exceptional AC and DC performance. The LTC1668 is the first 16-bit DAC in the marketplace to exhibit an SFDR (spurious free dynamic range) of 87dB for an output signal frequency of 1MHz.
Operating from ±5V supplies, the LTC1666/LTC1667/LTC1668 can be configured to provide full-scale output currents up to 10mA. The differential current outputs of the DACs allow single-ended or true differential operation. The –1V to 1V output compliance of the LTC1666/LTC1667/LTC1668 allows the outputs to be connected directly to external resistors to produce a differential output voltage without degrading the converter’s linearity. Alternatively, the outputs can be connected to the summing junction of a high speed operational amplifier, or to a transformer.
The LTC1666/LTC1667/LTC1668 are pin compatible and are available in a 28-pin SSOP and are fully specified over the industrial temperature range.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Cellular Base Stations
- Multicarrier Base Stations
- Wireless Communication
- Direct Digital Synthesis (DDS)
- xDSL Modems
- Arbitrary Waveform Generation
- Automated Test Equipment
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC1668 - 16-Bit, 50Msps DAC
- LTC1666 - 12-Bit 50Msps DAC
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LT1028 - Ultra Low Noise Precision High Speed Op Amps
- LTC6409 - 10GHz GBW, 1.1nV/√Hz Differential Amplifier/ADC Driver
- LTC6946 - Ultralow Noise and Spurious 0.37GHz to 6.39GHz Integer-N Synthesizer with Integrated VCO
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC6412 - 800MHz, 31dB Range Analog-Controlled VGA
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!