LTC1625 - No RSENSE Current Mode Synchronous Step-Down Switching Regulator
- Highest Efficiency Current Mode Controller
- No Sense Resistor Required
- Stable High Current Operation
- Dual N-Channel MOSFET Synchronous Drive
- Wide VIN Range: 3.7V to 36V
- Wide VOUT Range: 1.19V to VIN
- ±1% 1.19V Reference
- Programmable Fixed Frequency with Injection Lock
- Very Low Drop Out Operation: 99% Duty Cycle
- Forced Continuous Mode Control Pin
- Optional Programmable Soft Start
- Pin Selectable Output Voltage
- Foldback Current Limit
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Logic Controlled Micropower Shutdown: IQ < 30µA
- Available in 16-Lead Narrow SSOP and SO Packages
DescriptionThe LTC1625 is a synchronous step-down switching regulator controller that drives external N-Channel power MOSFETs using few external components. Current mode control with MOSFET VDS sensing eliminates the need for a sense resistor and improves efficiency. The frequency of a nominal 150kHz internal oscillator can be synchronized to an external clock over a 1.5:1 frequency range.
Burst Mode operation at low load currents reduces switching losses and low dropout operation extends operating time in battery-powered systems. A forced continuous mode control pin can assist secondary winding regulation by disabling Burst Mode operation when the main output is lightly loaded.
Fault protection is provided by foldback current limiting and an output overvoltage comparator. An external capacitor attached to the RUN/SS pin provides soft start capability for supply sequencing. A wide supply range allows operation from 3.7V (3.9V for LTC1625I) to 36V at the input and 1.19V to VIN at the output.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC203A||LTC1625CS | No Rsense CURRENT MODE CONTROLLER, 4.5V to 28Vin, 3.3V or 5V @ 4.5A Vout (thru-hole cap)||$125.00|
- Notebook and Palmtop Computers, PDAs
- Cellular Telephones and Wireless Modems
- Battery Chargers
- Distributed Power
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC1624 - High Efficiency SO-8 N-Channel Switching Regulator Controller
- LTC3703 - 100V Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LTC3810 - 100V Current Mode Synchronous Switching Regulator Controller
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LT3844 - High Voltage, Current Mode Switching Regulator Controller with Programmable Operating Frequency
- LT3845A - High Voltage Synchronous Current Mode Step-Down Controller with Adjustable Operating Frequency
- LT3845 - High Voltage Synchronous Current Mode Step-Down Controller with Adjustable Operating Frequency
- LT3800 - High-Voltage Synchronous Current Mode Step-Down Controller
- LTC3824 - High Voltage Step-Down Controller With 40µA Quiescent Current
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV