LTC1624 - High Efficiency SO-8 N-Channel Switching Regulator Controller
- N-Channel MOSFET Drive
- Implements Boost, Step-Down, SEPIC and Inverting Regulators
- Wide VIN Range: 3.5V to 36V Operation
- Wide VOUT Range: 1.19V to 30V in Step-Down Configuration
- ±1% 1.19V Reference
- Low Dropout Operation: 95% Duty Cycle
- 200kHz Fixed Frequency
- Low Standby Current
- Very High Efficiency
- Remote Output Voltage Sense
- Logic-Controlled Micropower Shutdown
- Internal Diode for Bootstrapped Gate Drive
- Current Mode Operation for Excellent Line and Load Transient Response
- Available in an 8-Lead SO Package
DescriptionThe LTC1624 is a current mode switching regulator controller that drives an external N-channel power MOSFET using a fixed frequency architecture. It can be operated in all standard switching configurations including boost, step-down, inverting and SEPIC. Burst Mode operation provides high efficiency at low load currents. A maximum high duty cycle limit of 95% provides low dropout operation which extends operating time in battery-operated systems.
The operating frequency is internally set to 200kHz, allowing small inductor values and minimizing PC board space. The operating current level is user-programmable via an external current sense resistor. Wide input supply range allows operation from 3.5V to 36V (absolute maximum).
A multifunction pin (ITH/RUN) allows external compensation for optimum load step response plus shutdown. Soft start can also be implemented with the ITH/RUN pin to properly sequence supplies.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC164A||LTC1624CS8 | STEP DOWN CONVERTER, 4.5V to 28V INPUT, 2.5V or 3.3V or 5.0V @ 3A OUTPUT.||$100.00|
- Notebook and Palmtop Computers, PDAs
- Cellular Telephones and Wireless Modems
- Battery-Operated Digital Devices
- DC Power Distribution Systems
- Battery Chargers
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3844 - High Voltage, Current Mode Switching Regulator Controller with Programmable Operating Frequency
- LTC1871 - Wide Input Range, No RSENSE Current Mode Boost, Flyback and SEPIC Controller
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT3759 - Wide Input Voltage Range Boost/SEPIC/Inverting Controller
- LT3724 - High Voltage, Current Mode Switching Regulator Controller
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT1074 - Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: