LTC1595 - Serial 16-Bit Multiplying DACs
- SO-8 Package (LTC1595)
- DNL and INL: 1LSB Max
- Low Glitch Impulse: 1nV-s Typ
- Fast Settling to 1LSB: 2µs (with LT1468)
- Pin Compatible with Industry Standard
12-Bit DACs: DAC8043 and DAC8143/AD7543
- 4-Quadrant Multiplication
- Low Supply Current: 10µA Max
- Power-On Reset
LTC1595/LTC1596: Resets to Zero Scale
LTC1596-1: Resets to Midscale
- 3-Wire SPI and MICROWIRE™ Compatible
- Daisy-Chain Serial Output (LTC1596)
- Asynchronous Clear Input
LTC1596: Clears to Zero Scale
LTC1596-1: Clears to Midscale
The LTC®1595/LTC1596/LTC1596-1 are serial input, 16‑bit multiplying current output DACs. The LTC1595 is pin and hardware compatible with the 12-bit DAC8043 and comes in 8-pin PDIP and SO packages. The LTC1596 is pin and hardware compatible with the 12-bit DAC8143/AD7543 and comes in the 16-pin SO wide package.
Both are specified over the industrial temperature range. Sensitivity of INL to op amp VOS is reduced by five times compared to the industry standard 12-bit DACs, so most systems can be easily upgraded to true 16-bit resolution and linearity without requiring more precise op amps.
These DACs include an internal deglitching circuit that reduces the glitch impulse by more than ten times to less than 1nV-s typ.
The DACs have a clear input and a power-on reset. The LTC1595 and LTC1596 reset to zero-scale. The LTC1596‑1 is a version of the LTC1596 that resets to mid-scale.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Process Control and Industrial Automation
- Software Controlled Gain Adjustment
- Digitally Controlled Filter and Power Supplies
- Automatic Test Equipment
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC2756 - Serial 18-Bit SoftSpan IOUT DAC
- LT1028 - Ultra Low Noise Precision High Speed Op Amps
- LT3092 - 200mA 2-Terminal Programmable Current Source
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTZ1000 - Ultra Precision Reference
- LTC2057/LTC2057HV - High Voltage, Low Noise Zero-Drift Operational Amplifier
- LTC1650 - Low Glitch 16-Bit Voltage Output DAC
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice IV - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!