LTC1514 - Step-Up/Step-Down Switched Capacitor DC/DC Converters with Low-Battery Comparator
- 3.3V or 5V Output Voltages
- 2V to 10V Input Voltage Range
- Up to 50mA Output Current
- Only Three External Capacitors Required
- Soft Start Limits Inrush Current at Turn-On
- Low Operating Current: 60µA
- Low Shutdown Current: 10µA
- Shutdown Disconnects Load from VIN
- Short-Circuit and Overtemperature Protected
- 650kHz Switching Frequency
- Low-Battery Comparator Active in Shutdown
- Available in SO-8 Package
DescriptionThe LTC1514-3.3/LTC1514-5 are micropower switched capacitor DC/DC converters that produce a regulated output voltage by either stepping up or stepping down the input voltage. Output voltage is fixed at either 3.3V (LTC1514-3.3) or 5V (LTC1514-5) by an internal resistor divider.A unique architecture allows the parts to accommodate a wide input voltage range (2V to 10V) while maintaining +/-4% regulation. Additional circuitry prevents excessive inrush current and output voltage ripple when large VIN to VOUT differentials are present.An internal uncommitted comparator is kept active in shutdown. The comparator has an open-drain output for flexible interfacing.The parts are short-circuit and overtemperature protected. Battery life is maximized by very low operating currents (ICC= 60µA typ, 10µA in shutdown). Both parts are available in an SO-8 package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Battery Operated Equipment
- Smart Card Readers
- Local Power Supplies
- Handheld Instruments
- Battery Backup Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1054 - Switched-Capacitor Voltage Converter with Regulator
- LTC1515 - Step-Up/Step-Down Switched Capacitor DC/DC Converters with RESET
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC3245 - Wide VIN Range, Low Noise, 250mA Buck-Boost Charge Pump
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LT1615 - Micropower Step-Up DC/DC Converters in ThinSOT
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.