LTC1446 - Dual 12-Bit Rail-to-Rail Micropower DACs in SO-8
- Dual DACs with 12-Bit Resolution
- SO-8 Package
- Rail-to-Rail Output Amplifiers
- Internal Reference
- Maximum DNL Error: 0.5LSB
- 3V Operation (LTC1446L): Icc = 650µA Typ
- 5V Operation (LTC1446): Icc = 1000µA Typ
- Settling Time: 14µs to ±0.5LSB
- Power-on Reset Clears DACs to 0V
- 3-Wire Cascadable Serial Interface with 500kHz Update Rate
- Schmitt Trigger On Input Allows Direct Optocoupler Interface
- Low Cost
DescriptionThe LTC1446/LTC1446L are dual 12-bit digital-to-analog converters (DACs) available in an SO-8 package. They are complete with a rail-to-rail voltage output amplifier, an internal reference and an easy-to-use 3-wire cascadable serial interface. The LTC1446 has an internal reference and a full-scale output of 4.095V. It operates from a single 4.5V to 5.5V supply. The LTC1446L has an internal reference and a full-scale output of 2.5V. It operates from a single 2.7V to 5.5V supply. The low power supply current makes the LTC1446 family ideal for battery-powered applications. These DACs are available in space saving 8-pin SO and PDIP packages and require no external components for operation.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Digital Calibration
- Industrial Process Control
- Automatic Test Equipment
- Cellular Telephones
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LTC1448 - Dual 12-Bit Rail-to-Rail Micropower DAC
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LT1028 - Ultra Low Noise Precision High Speed Op Amps
- LT6654 - Precision Wide Supply High Output Drive Low Noise Reference
- LTC1655 - 16-Bit Rail-to-Rail Micropower DACs in SO-8 Package
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LTC2632 - Dual 12-/10-/8-Bit SPI VOUT DACs with 10ppm/°C Reference
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice IV - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!