LTC1387 - Single 5V RS232/RS485 Multiprotocol Transceiver
- Two RS232 Transceivers or One RS485 Transceiver
- Operates from a Single 5V Supply
- Guaranteed Receiver Output with Inputs Floating or Shorted to Ground
- Logic Selectable Fast/Slow RS485 Driver Slew Rate
- Low Supply Current: 7mA Typical
- 5µA Supply Current in Shutdown
- Self-Testing Capability in Loopback Mode
- Separate Driver and Receiver Enable Controls
- Driver Maintains High Impedance in Three-State,Shutdown or with Power Off
- Receiver Inputs Can Withstand ±25V
The LTC1387 is a low power reconfigurable CMOS bidirectional transceiver. It can be configured as an RS485 differential port or as two RS232 single-ended ports. An onboard charge pump uses four 0.1µF capacitors to generate boosted positive and negative supplies, allowing the RS232 drivers to meet ±5V output swing requirements with only a single 5V supply. A shutdown mode reduces the ICC supply current to 5µA.
The RS232 transceivers are in full compliance with RS232 specification. The RS485 transceiver is in full compliance with RS485 and RS422 specifications. The RS485 receiver assumes a known output state when the inputs are floating or shorted to ground. All interface drivers feature short-circuit and thermal shutdown protection. An enable pin allows RS485 driver outputs to be forced into high impedance which is maintained even when the outputs are forced beyond supply rails or the power is off. A loop back mode allows the driver outputs to be connected back to the receiver inputs for diagnostic self-test.
The LTC1387 is available in 20-pin plastic SSOP and SW packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Point-of-Sale Terminals
- Software Selectable Multiprotocol Interface Ports
- Low Power RS485/RS422/RS232/EIA562 Interface
- Cable Repeaters
- Level Translators
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC2870 - RS232/RS485 Multiprotocol Transceivers with Integrated Termination
- LTC2872 - RS232/RS485 Dual Multiprotocol Transceiver with Integrated Termination
- LTM2881 - Complete Isolated RS485/RS422 uModule Transceiver + Power
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3798 - Isolated No Opto-Coupler Flyback Controller with Active PFC
- LTC4412 - Low Loss PowerPath Controller in ThinSOT
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT4356-1 and -2 - Surge Stopper
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.