LTC1385 - 3.3V Low Power EIA/TIA-562 Transceiver
- Operates from a Single 3.3V Supply
- Low Supply Current: ICC = 200µA
- ICC = 35µA in Driver Disable Mode
- ICC = 0.2µA in Shutdown Mode
- ESD Protection Over ±10kV
- Uses Small Capacitors: 0.1µF
- Operates to 120kBaud
- Output Overvoltage Does Not Force Current Back into Supplies
- EIA/TIA-562 I/O Lines Can Be Forced to ±25V Without Damage
- Pin Compatible with LT 1180A
The LTC®1385 is an ultra-low power, 2-driver/2-receiver EIA / TIA-562 transceiver which operates from a single 3.3V supply. The charge pump requires only four spacesaving 0.1µF capacitors.
The transceiver operates in one of three modes: Normal, Driver Disable or Shutdown. In the Normal mode, ICC is only 200µA in the unloaded condition. In the Driver Disable mode, the charge pump is turned off, the driver outputs are forced into three-state, both receivers are kept active, and ICC drops to 35µA. In the Shutdown mode, everything is turned off and ICC drops to 0.2µA.
The LTC1385 is fully compliant with all data rate and overvoltage EIA/ TIA-562 specifications. The transceiver can operate up to 120kbaud with a 1000pF, 3k Ohm load. Both driver outputs and receiver inputs can be forced to ±25V without damage, and can survive multiple ±10kV ESD strikes.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
SSOP-20, SO-18, DIP-18
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Notebook Computers
- Palmtop Computers
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTM2881 - Complete Isolated RS485/RS422 uModule Transceiver + Power
- LT1796 - Overvoltage Fault Protected CAN Transceiver
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTM2882 - Dual Isolated RS232 uModule Transceiver + Power
- LT3015 - 1.5A, Low Noise, Negative Linear Regulator with Precision Current Limit
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LTC1384 - 5V Low Power RS232 Transceiver with 2 Receivers Active in Shutdown
- LT3798 - Isolated No Opto-Coupler Flyback Controller with Active PFC
- LTM2883 - SPI/Digital or I2C μModule Isolator with Adjustable ±12.5V and 5V Regulated Power
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.