LTC1384 - 5V Low Power RS232 Transceiver with 2 Receivers Active in Shutdown
- Operates from a Single 5V Supply
- Low Supply Current: Icc = 220µA
- ICC = 35µA in Shutdown Mode with Both Receivers Kept Alive
- ESD Protection Over ±10kV
- Uses Small Capacitors: 0.1µF
- Operates to 120kBaud
- Output Overvoltage Does Not Force Current Back into Supplies
- RS232 I/O Lines Can Be Forced to ±25V Without Damage
- Pin Compatible with LT1180A
The LTC™1384 is an ultra-low power 2-driver/2-receiver RS232 transceiver that operates from a single 5V supply. The charge pump requires only four space saving 0.1µF capacitors.
The transceiver operates in one of two modes, Normal and Shutdown. In the Normal mode, ICC is only 220µA with the driver outputs unloaded. In the Shutdown mode, the charge pump is turned off, the driver outputs are forced into three-state, both receivers are kept active and ICC drops to 35µA. The receiver outputs may be forced into three-state at any time using the receiver enable (RX EN)pin.
The LTC1384 is fully compliant with all data rate and overvoltage RS232 specifications. The transceiver can operate up to 120kbaud with a 2500pF, 3k Ω load. Both driver outputs and receiver inputs can be forced to �25V without damage and can survive multiple ±10kV ESD strikes.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
SSOP-20, DIP-18, SO-18
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Notebook Computers
- Palmtop Computers
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1796 - Overvoltage Fault Protected CAN Transceiver
- LT1025 - Micropower Thermocouple Cold Junction Compensator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC2804 - 1.8V to 5.5V RS-232 Single and Dual Transceivers
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC1385 - 3.3V Low Power EIA/TIA-562 Transceiver
- LTC1053 - Dual/Quad Precision Zero-Drift Operational Amplifiers With Internal Capacitors
- LT3015 - 1.5A, Low Noise, Negative Linear Regulator with Precision Current Limit
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LTC485 - Low Power RS485 Interface Transceiver
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.