LTC1321 - RS232/EIA562/RS485 Transceivers
- LTC1321: 2-EIA562/RS232 Transceivers/2-RS485 Transceivers
- LTC1322: 4-EIA562/RS232 Transceivers/2-RS485 Transceivers
- LTC1335: 4-EIA562 Transceivers/2-RS485 Transceivers with OE
- LTC1321/LTC1322 Have the Same Pinout as SP301/SP302
- LTC1335 Features Receiver Three-State Outputs
- Low Supply Current: 1mA Typical
- 15µA Supply Current in Shutdown
- 120kBaud in EIA/TIA-562 or RS232 Mode
- 10MBaud in RS485/RS422 Mode
- Self-Testing Capability in Loopback Mode
- Power-Up/Down Glitch-Free Outputs
- Driver Maintains High Impedance in Three-State, Shutdown or With Power Off
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- I/O Lines Can Withstand ±25V
- Withstands Repeated 10kV ESD Pulses
The LTC1321/LTC1322/LTC1335 are low power CMOS bidirectional transceivers, each featuring two reconfigurable interface ports. Each can be configured as two RS485 differential ports, as two single-ended ports, or as one RS485 differential port and one single-ended port. The LTC1321/LTC1322 can provide RS232 or EIA562 compatible single-ended outputs; the LTC1335 provides EIA562 compatible outputs and additionally includes an output enable pin, allowing the receiver logic level outputs to be three-stated.
The RS232/EIA562 transceivers operate to 120kbaud and are in full compliance with EIA/TIA-562 specification. The RS485 transceivers operate to 10Mbaud and are in full compliance with RS485 and RS422 specifications. All interface drivers feature short-circuit and thermal shutdown protection. An enable pin allows RS485 driver outputs to be forced into high impedance which is maintained even when the outputs are forced beyond supply rails or power is off. Both driver outputs and receiver inputs feature ±10kV ESD protection. A loopback mode connects the driver outputs back to the receiver inputs for diagnostic self-test.
The LTC1321/LTC1322 can support RS232 voltage levels when 6.5V </= VDD </= 10V and –6.5V VEE >/= –10V. The LTC1335 supports receiver output enable but not RS232 levels. A shutdown mode reduces the IMCC supply current to 15µA.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Low Power RS485/RS422/EIA562/RS232 Interface
- Cable Repeater
- Level Translator
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM2881 - Complete Isolated RS485/RS422 uModule Transceiver + Power
- LTC2872 - RS232/RS485 Dual Multiprotocol Transceiver with Integrated Termination
- LTC2870 - RS232/RS485 Multiprotocol Transceivers with Integrated Termination
- LTC1387 - Single 5V RS232/RS485 Multiprotocol Transceiver
- LTC1334 - Single 5V RS232/RS485 Multiprotocol Transceiver
- LTM8047 - 3.1VIN to 32VIN Isolated uModule DC/DC Converter
- LTM2883 - SPI/Digital or I2C μModule Isolator with Adjustable ±12.5V and 5V Regulated Power
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT4356-1 and -2 - Surge Stopper
- LTM8020 - 200mA, 36V DC/DC uModule Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download: