LTC1296 - Single Chip 12-Bit Data Acquisition System
- Software Programmable Features:
Differential/Single Ended Inputs
MSB-First or MSB/LSB Data
- Built-In Sample and Hold
- Single Supply 5V or ±5V Operation
- Direct 4-Wire Interface to Most MPU Serial Ports and All MPU Parallel Ports
- 46.5kHz Maximum Throughput Rate
- System Shutdown Output (LTC1296)
The input multiplexer can be configured for either single ended or differential inputs (or combinations thereof). An on-chip sample and hold is included for all single ended input channels. When the LTC1293/4/6 is idle it can be powered down in applications where low power consumption is desired. The LTC1296 includes a System Shutdown Output pin which can be used to power down external circuitry, such as signal conditioning circuitry prior to the input mux.
The serial I/O is designed to communicate without external hardware to most MPU serial ports and all MPU parallel I/O ports allowing up to eight channels of data to be transmitted over as few as three wires.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC1290 - Single Chip 12-Bit Data Acquisition System
- LTC1294 - Single Chip 12-Bit Data Acquisition System
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LTC1289 - 3 Volt Single Chip 12-Bit Data Acquisition System
- LTC1863 - 12-bit, 8-Channel 200ksps ADCs
- LTM2883 - SPI/Digital or I2C μModule Isolator with Adjustable ±12.5V and 5V Regulated Power
- LTC2309 - 8-Channel, 12-Bit SAR ADC with I2C Interface
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1028 - Ultra Low Noise Precision High Speed Op Amps
- LT1167 - Single Resistor Gain Programmable, Precision Instrumentation Amplifier
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice IV - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!